For You | 1.2

"In case the mystery from the past still bothers you..." the king threw the spear to the side, clanging against the marble tile. "Who do you think that killed your father? And who do you think that messed up your crops and animals?"

Aurora stiffened, and Namjoon didn't move, just staring at each other.

"You –"

"We both know they threw us into a similar situation. But you know very well I went through it before than you."

"It does not matter. I am trying hard to give prosperity to my people. Unlike you, leaving your people in poverty!"

"At least I handle it better, but it does matter, darling."

"Quit calling me 'darling'!" She grunted.

"Then what, Aurora?" Namjoon walked closer to her while the queen tried her best to keep their distance. When her back met the wall, the king, with his deep voice, whispered in her ear, "the angels and devils had bound our fates way before we were born, way before we have power. You and I are similar, but also different."

The silver one slowly made its way down to the tip of the lavender's wavy hair. He graciously placed a hand behind her head before sliding down to the tip of her hair. "You got silver hair."

"It does not matter to you."

"Well, it does to–OH!" Namjoon crouched with his hand in between his thighs. His mouth hung open, blood deepened on his face, and silver scales appeared on both parts of his jaws. His voice strained when he said, "oh serpents!"

Queen Aurora Scarlet threw her long, wavy hair to the back and adjusted her crown. She swept the purple-bluish gown and calmly said, "when I said it does not matter, it does not matter. You are in my kingdom. Therefore, I do not care how our fate is bound to you. Saying an immortal and a mortal has been fated together is ludicrous."

The pain in his crotch faded. Slowly, he got up with a grunt. "And if you're outside your kingdom?" He smirked.

"Still choose to not believe whatever your split-tongued mouth says."

Still smirking, he walked, almost limping to her. He asked, "what do you need from me anyway? People like you usually have intentions of inviting me for dinner."

She stepped back a little and looked elsewhere. "Forget it," she said.

"Okay." Namjoon shrugged. "Thanks for dinner? Bye then, Aurora." He snickered. His dress shoes clicked against the floor. The door creaked, signaling the king of Serpheen had left.

The queen closed her eyes tight. She should have known the king was all behind her loss, her unpreparedness for the throne. With a deadly poison in her courtier's body system, she had to admit she was not ready to lose him yet. She thought it would be a great idea to invite the king to her kingdom, to have dinner together, and to ask for a cure for the poor courtier.

But Namjoon's evil revelation ruined it now. She needed to find the other way to save the courtier.

**********

The night after dinner, she dreamt she had to go to a cave in Serpheen to save the courtier. Lies deep in the Darago Cave, there was a strong elixir. Strong taste and powerful effect. Though the cave was full of bats and the dragon lived in there definitely hated being bothered.

Going alone was certainly dangerous. But Aurora didn't care. The courtier didn't deserve such pain, hence she prepared the strongest armor her people had made for her, a sword and water for her magic.

She was on her way out of the gate when she heard her retinue shout for her and told her that they received a letter sent by a crow. She unfolded the letter and read. It wrote: