'See You Tomorrow' | 3.2

HaEun had track extracurriculars in the afternoon, so she had just left the toilet to change her uniform. After that she swayed her legs to get her water bottle from the class. She was about to slide the door when her boyfriend suddenly appeared beside her, grabbing her wrist and pulling her into the class.

"Hey!" HaEun shouted, pulling her hand away from his grip. Her stare was sharp, lips pouting lightly.

Hyungwon stared back at her as if he hadn't done anything wrong that day. Again, he grabbed her hand and forced her to sit on a table before pushing the other three tables together.

No idea what he wanted to do, HaEun tried to escape but Hyungwon pulled her back and made her sit again. He quickly sat on the table and lay down, his head resting on her thigh. "Stay here," he said.

"I have a club to attend," HaEun said.

"Skip."

She rolled her eyes at his demanding tone. Still sulking, but she couldn't deny that she wanted to spend more time with him. It might be possible she wouldn't meet him the next day due to the situation they had that afternoon.

Hyungwon's lazy tone resonated throughout the classroom. He said, "that's enough of sulking. I remember."

HaEun raised an eyebrow. "What do you remember?"

He opened an eye and then closed it back as he said, "your birthday." Next, he turned his body to the side, settling into a comfortable position. "I've prepared a surprise for you. It's boring now that you know."

She didn't expect that. She asked, "what did you say? Repeat, please." But he didn't respond. It took her a while to wait. Slapping his arm, she yelled, "yah!"

Hyungwon whined and yelled, "hah! What?"

"I asked you to repeat what you say!"

"No!"

"Ah, why?"

He glared at her jokingly before returning to lie down on his side, and said, "you spoilt the fun. There's no point in repeating what I said."

"I heard you say you prepared a surprise though," she said, holding back her smile.

Exasperated, he commented, "if you've heard clearly, then I don't need to repeat!"

She had a broad grin on her face. She asked, "what is it? What do you prepare for me? What is it? What is it? What is it?"

Hyungwon dug his ear lightly. "Ah, seriously," he groaned and glared at her before relaxing again. "It won't be a surprise if I tell you."

Giggling with her lips shut and eyes curved into crescent lines, she bent her body forward and hugged him after that. She shook his body as if he was a teddy bear in his position. "I'm happy, I'm happy, I'm happyyy –" then, a peck on his temple. "– I love you so, so much."

"Ugh." He wiped non-existent saliva off his temple and then sniffed his palm. Looking at her, he said, "your mouth smells."

HaEun giggled again. "I know you like it though."

"Aish," Hyungwon mumbled, grinning and adjusting his head position on her thigh.

There was a lingering stillness in the air. With Hyungwon in a comfortable position on the tables and on his girlfriend's thigh, HaEun watched his peaceful, sleeping face while stroking his hair.

Although it wasn't the first time she witnessed him sleeping on her thighs, he seemed to be more peaceful that day. With a light smile on his face and warmth radiating from him, he appeared brighter than ever. A natural and beautifully carved image of him became immortal in her mind the moment she saw it. She couldn't explain what she felt.