Chapter 15

Okay, okay, sorry for the long wait. I admit, I've been too much of a book reader these days and couldn't focus on the future of my own books😂 And then there's second trimester of college, which my professors seems to also be bummed out on since there's still lots of problems in our online class. Imagine halfway preliminaries and only attending one synchronous subject until now.  It's making me really nervous for the upcoming test😩

Well, here goes Chapter 15. I'm thinking of doing additional chapters for Angelo's side after the ending. I hope no one has figured out what his purpose here yet😁😁😁
===========================

A week later after a few more fights with her mother at the diner table, they finally stood in front of the Madrigal's casita, its stone archway clanking its bricks in and out of its position to welcome the three of them. The clouds were grey for the anticipating family dinner, and Haidi couldn't help but pray before the door opens with a welcoming smile from Alma and Julieta.

"Buenas tardes, Haidi," says the head of the village.

"So lovely to have you, mi buena amiga!" the woman comes over to hug the woman, then ushers for both Carina and Julio to come in. The two looked at each other before following right after. The table was set perfectly with some of the dishes prepared by Alma herself, and around it is seated with the head of the family and her daughters who are both carrying her grandchildren along with each of their husbands, and then there's Bruno's empty chair. She, her mother, and Julio sat together on one side near Alma by the end of the table.

"Try the sudado de pollo, I've made it a little spicy for you, Haidi."

"Delicious! I expected nothing less from you, Alma. Carina, try some!" her mother immediately serves her with some on the woman's plate. "By the way, Alma, where's your son? Is he not gonna come down and greet us?"

"Don't mind him. He likes hiding himself in his room, I couldn't be bothered going up that many flights of stairs just to bring him down with us."

Carina's hands clenched, but for this to work, she's going to have to behave herself for a chance to talk it out with Alma Madrigal for a permission to seek marriage with his son. It's an opposite way of tradition that's happening right now, but Carina won't let this last chance go.

"If you insist... though why we're here has actually something to do with Bruno," Haidi laughs sheepishly.

Julieta and Peppa looks at each other just as Agústin and Félix. They knew something like this would happen eventually, but they didn't expect it were to be the Guerreras to bring up the subject. Julio gives them a thumbs up to confirm their thoughts while drinking juice.

Alma's brows furrowed, playing ignorance despite knowing where this is possibly going, "Bruno? What is there to talk? Did he offend you with another vision?"

Carina shook her head, "No, not at all, tia! Why we're here... is... is because....." She's getting cold feet whenever time comes to admit these things, she could already guess ahead on how it won't go the way things should be, how Alma would begin to despise her for wanting to be with her son. Her lips quivered, looking towards her mother for help.

Haidi places a hand on her shoulder to calm her daughter's nerves, then clears her throat, "As Carina is saying, Alma, we're here to discuss a proposition to make my daughter a part of your family. Through marrying your son, Bruno."

The women's eyes bulged, lips sealed tight in shock. As much as Julieta and Pepa are glad to hear this, so does Alma's frown of dismay. "Bruno? Carina, you want to marry.... my son?"