𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐀

BAD IDEA"god, i'm such an idiot

BAD IDEA
"god, i'm such an idiot."
***

"i don't know, isn't this a bad idea?"

EVERY GOOD STORY needs a token bitch.

 You know the girl when you see her, the one who struts onto the camera in slow motion, flipping her sleek hair over her shoulder and sending the camera a coy smirk. Every good story has the girl who always has a sarcastic jab at the end of her tongue, a girl so wild that the earth can't bind her to the soil. 

 At least, that's what Lex Rivera thinks.

  The girl herself is happy to fit into that category, and she does so seamlessly. Lex is all high heels and short skirts, a stick of dynamite waiting to be denotated; and she didn't plan on changing any time soon. Over time, she had developed skin thick as that of a solider's shield, putting up a passive face and hiding behind a wall of flirty remarks and strawberry lipgloss: completely immune to the whispers that circulate through her ears... whispers that she wasn't neccessarily supposed to hear. 

 If one was to break down that wall, they would see her for what she really was... normal

 Normal was the skirt of her cheerleading uniform swishing around her thighs, drawing the attention of onlookers as if it was a subconscious action. Normal was the alluring tone of her voice when she wants something, and normal was the smudged line of mascara under her eyes; giving her that tiny edge of mystery when people realize that she may not be perfect after all. Normal, in Lex's eyes, was all that she could aspire to be in life. 

 And then Scott McCall catches her eye. 

 She wasn't sure what it was about him. Maybe it was his shift in persona after a seemingly normal fall day. Maybe it was how nobody was ever quite certain why he sometimes disappears from class with no viable excuse... or maybe because he was simply out of reach. Everyone knows how smitten he was with the new girl in town - a winsome brunette by the name of Allison Argent - and Lex figured that she was better off waiting on the sidelines. It didn't matter if she could have any person she wanted, when she had her sights set, her mind was made up like that.

 And then what Lex had been waiting for happened, the two broke up. Anyone with decent vision can see how upset Scott was (those poor puppy dog eyes have been coming out more than usual), so Lex approaches him with a proposition: