𝟎𝟎:𝟎𝟏

♫ Trigger Protection Mantra x Jhené Aiko

Trigger Protection Mantra x Jhené Aiko.

I rubbed my eyes while groaning as I heard my alarm go off for what it felt like the millionth time on my phone. I picked it up, checking to see that it was 7:46am and I set it back down on my nightstand. I turned to the other side of my queen size bed lifting my head up, to look at the downtown city view of Houston, Texas out of my apartment.

I pushed my covers off of my body, getting out of bed and slid my feet into my slippers. I walked to my bathroom and stood in front of my mirror getting ready to do my morning routine but just paused before sighing slightly. "You got this girl" I told myself and then finally started getting ready.

After I was finished with my routine, I walked back to my bedroom to figure out my outfit for the day. As I searched through my closet, my phone started to ring and I went over to my nightstand to check who it was. As I picked it up, the caller ID showed that "Niecey👭🏽" was calling me so I answered and put the phone up to my ear while going back to my closet to look for an outfit.

"Hellooo" I said first.

"Good morning honey, how did you sleep?"

"I slept well love thanks for asking, how about you? I'm surprised you're even up right now" I replied while smiling small.

Shaniece was best friend of 10 years. We met in middle school and we've been inseparable ever since then. I didn't have a large amount of friends growing up only because I was super closed off to everyone and just stayed in my own lane but Shaniece was the complete opposite. She was the more outgoing and fun person. I guess that's why she was my other half, we balanced each other out.

"Girl somebody scheduled a 8am hair appointment with me. I really gotta change my damn appointment times cause you know I hate being up this early"

"I know" I said while chuckling. "You've been saying that for the past month but still never changed it"

"I swear imma get to it! But look girl, you wanna get some lunch or something after I'm done? I'm only doing a quick weave so I shouldn't be no longer than an hour and a half"

"You know I would boo but I have an interview for this occupational therapist assistant position today that Nikki got me, I've been waiting on this for so long I can't miss it"