𝟎𝟎:𝟎𝟑

♫ Such a Thing x Alex Isley & Jack Dine

Such a Thing x Alex Isley & Jack Dine.

Walking out of my office, I made my way over to the front desk where Monet was sitting before I went in to see the only patient I would allow to come in on the weekends.

"Hey Monet can you put that other resume on my desk when you get a chance, so I can call that guy back about the medical assistant position," I spoke.

"I'm probably going to need just a fourth person for the office. I want you to stay at the front desk instead of having to consistently get up and take the patients into the rooms, plus Nia will most likely be working close by me the majority of the time so the help is needed," I added.

Instantly, a smirk appeared on Monet's face while a look of confusion began to spread across mine.

"Why that look?" I chuckled.

"I mean you said that like my girl was hired," she replied.

"Did I say that?"

"Excuse my language Dr. Wright but cut the bullshit," she responded and I shook my head. "You know she's perfect for the office,"

"I talked to her all of five minutes and she is just the sweetest thing ever, the patients would love her," she added on.

"Now you know I've never just hired anybody on the spot but man she brought everything to the table," I admitted. "I'm going to give her a call later this evening,"

"Sounds great!" she replied making this dumb facial expression and I just waved her off while laughing.

I walked over to the door of room one where my patient was waiting and knocked first before entering.

"Miss Gladys, please forgive me for making you wait so long," I spoke first as I walked in.

"Now Dr. Wright I'm not sure what you're apologizing for sweetie," she replied as I smiled. "I mean you're doing me a huge favor even by seeing me on your day off, I'll wait as long as you need me to wait,"

"Now someone who's been through as much as you have, you know how wrong that would be of me," I stated.

I started treating Miss Gladys almost a year ago when she came to my office, recovering from a subdural hematoma that she unfortunately endured from being terribly mistreated in a nursing home. Personally I'm not a huge fan of them, solely because they don't know how to treat the elderly with respect alone. And when it comes to black people, it's ten times worse.