𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏.

𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱
𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟸𝟾𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾

{𝐊𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐧}
"Ahh you're so stupid, Jung Haerim."
The girl was seated in her car by herself, banging her head against the steering wheel.
"Curse you and your cute smile."

Finally coming to the end of her rambling by resting her head against the middle of the steering wheel which caused the car to honk loudly, echoing across the full carpark. Elly had just dropped Soeun off at Fave Entertainment discreetly, after the two went out to have breakfast together earlier that morning.  Her head was still rested against the steering wheel when two firetrucks entered the carpark at an oddly high speed with their sirens blasting at an even higher volume than the sound Elly's car was making a few seconds ago. Her phone that was placed in the cup holster went off, the similar ringtone repeating over again until she slid the bar to answer.
"Sei what's with the fire-"
"Unnie where are you?!"
The panicky voice of the younger filled the phone with a bunch of muffled voices flooding the background which Elly assumed was the other members.
"I'm in the carpark. Why are there firetrucks?"
The elder questioned.

"Our dorm caught on fire. We're all at Fantagio."
Elly's eyes widened upon hearing what Sei said.
She instantly drove to where the Fantagio entertainment building was and leapt out of her car, racing up the stairwell as the lift was taking far too long. Once seeing Yoojung and basically everyone else in their pyjamas, she simply glared at all of them.

A few days earlier, Yoojung met up with the composer to write her rap lyrics for the new title track 'Crush' yet some lyrics were still labelled with a question mark beside them, meaning that they were still up for change and negotiation.

"I was gone for what? 30 minutes? And you burn the dorm down?!"
Elly questioned the 7 ashamed members sitting on the practice room floor huddled together at 6:14 am.
"Ok... but how was your date?"
Lua asked, getting onto her knees and capturing the attention of the other 6 members beside her.
Elly sighed and sat down in front of the members that were insanely curious about her 'date' with Soeun.

"It's not a date."

Everyone had managed to recover a few items from the fire earlier that day and were now off to do different activities. Whether it be Doyeon filming for her web series, or Sei, Lua, Lucy and Rina going shopping for new things. Leaving the three eldest members with nothing much to do. They were scheduled to have another comeback soon, although it wasn't announced to the public yet. They figured they would get started on some of the projects. The title track beat was already made by their composer and although they didn't normally participate in lyric writing or composition they decided to brain storm ideas.  Yoojung continued writing her rap in the spinning chair in the recording studio. Suyeon was seated on the chair beside Yoojung and Elly was inside the actual room with the microphone hovering over her face.
"Unnie, what do you want me to do?"
Elly asked, speaking into the microphone as it was her first time actually participating in writing one of Weki Meki's songs.
"Read some of the lyrics already written on the page, but do it at your own pace following the beat of the song."
Elly nodded at Suyeon's words and began to listening to the song playing from the main chorus. Reading over the first line of the pre-chorus Elly stopped singing.
"Instead of 'you got me spinning around.' What about, 'it's not like me to keep circling around you.' because it's longer and fits more with the less cliché aspect."
Noticing the quietness from the other side of the window, she turned away and coughed to laugh it off.
"You know just a sugges-"

Suyeon smiled and clapped once really loudly.
"That's good! You're a natural."
Elly watched the visible smirk plastered on Yoojung's face as she paused writing her rap.
"What?"
"Nothing.. just feel like these somewhat meaningful lyrics are coming from somewhere... someone given you inspiration maybe?"
Elly eyed the girl on the other side of the window, "That's a lot of talk coming from someone who wrote, '하루 종일 몇 번이고 들었다 놨다 하고, 밤새 잠 못 들어 문제잖아' don't you think?"
{'𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚘 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚎'}
"Touché."