Chapter 1: Spotting Monoma

You awake to the sound of birds tapping on your window frame; Yawning, you gazed at your clock to see the time, realizing it was far too early to go to class. Not caring about the time, You get up anyways and sluggishly changed into your uniform. You exit your dorm room and continued to walk to class; As you were on your way, you were met with a fellow student.

From the back, you could recognize that familiar shade of blond neatly styled hair. Quickly realizing it was the tiresome student of the other class, Class 1B, Monoma Neito.

You and Monoma have a very.. complicated relationship. Even though you've been friends ever since you can remember, you two always seem like you hated each other. Some people gossip that you two fancy each other, some say you two are enemies or rivals. Anyone who didn't know who you two were would question it to be honest. Many rumors roam the school about you two and truth be told, you had liked him for several years now. You sometimes daydream about him holding your hand, kissing and being a couple. But of course, not everything comes true and you two were just regular friends, Maybe slightly closer.

You were jubilant to see him so early. Yes, I have company  you thought to yourself. You come up to him to strike up a conversation but something seemed strangely off.

He was sitting in the lobby, as usual. Except, he didn't look like himself. He looked exhausted and seemed like he was gonna hurl. "What's wrong with your face?" You questioned him. "My face? What do you mean? Do I seem like the type of person to just--"Just tell me Neito, you look like you're gonna throw up any time soon" you cut him off and looked at him with a stern glare.

You could tell he was crying from the red circles under his eyes. What could have possibly caused him to cry so early in the morning? Or maybe he spent the whole night crying? "Hey, have you been crying?" You ask him with a concerned tone in your voice. Monoma, the prideful, cocky person was crying? In public? And right before class too?  This wasn't like him. Something was definitely  wrong.