O5 priceless set

"what makes you so confident?"

"someone's gotta have it, right?"

that wasn't you. you've never heard anyone say that. those voices weren't even familiar. who were they talking about? it probably was just some line from a tv show.

that day, kazuha and venti were out again. xiao was at work like always. aether was still moving in. you were alone again.

you decided to change things up. you went next door to visit zhongli. he was always coming over for conversation. so you wanted to check in to see how he was doing.

"y/n, what a pleasant surprise. i was just thinking about heading over in a little bit. i've found this flavor of tea yesterday and i couldn't help wanting to share with you."

this was your first time in zhongli's house. you were impressed by the lavish furniture, sumptuous art, and grand lighting. he enjoyed the colors gold and black, you could tell.

"do you live alone?"

"most times of the year. he's usually traveling, work, or visiting family. speaking of roommates, how goes your search. and xiao?"

"i finally filled all four rooms. xiao is always so busy, he comes home from work and then stays in his room. but i think he gets along well with the others."

you sat next to him on his couch. he poured you a cup of the steaming golden brown tea. you paid attention to the tea set. this had to worth thousands.

"it's from liyue, when the seven nations were still divided," zhongli said as he picked up his own cup.

"how could you get your hands on this? it has to be worth thousands, or even more by now?" you quickly placed your cup down now scared you would damage it. you wouldn't even be using such a precious item.

zhongli merely chuckled at your amazement. "it's been quite some time since i got this tea set. its value has only grown since i've purchased it. are you interested in liyue's history?"

you admired the golden pattern wrapping around the cup, decorating the white base in a gorgeous glitter. you nodded at his question.

"is that so? i have also found myself immersed in the history and culture of ancient liyue. come with me."

he made conversation as he led you upstairs. "i am of liyue descent, my roommate is of snezhnaya. he's less involved in his nation's history, however he still has some remains from his culture. have you found your original nation?"

"i never got a clear answer from my parents but they say natlan and sumeru."

"the nations of war and wisdom."