1O a promising fan

"dear y/n? are you awake?"

you opened the door to see venti beaming. he immediately shoved his phone in your face. it was a blur of colors. "look!"

"what is this?" you asked as you took the phone from his hand.

"it's a live performance! mine!" he exclaimed.

"that's amazing venti!"

"would you be willing to watch me? you'll get front row seats and everything if you do."

you laughed and handed him his phone again. "venti, they could make me sit outside the building and i'd still go. where is it?"

venti's grin grew even bigger. he clasped your hands in his. "a bar! it's called angel's share! i'm so excited to see you there!"

you couldn't deny venti was talented. he was extremely skilled at the guitar and singing. you could see why so many showed up to watch him. the red headed bartender was the only one in a sour mood.

venti paused his performance, causing everyone to disperse and head to the restroom or to the bar. you were thirsty so you made your way to the glowing white counter.

you waited a minute before you could actually get to order. the bartender passed one drink to the customer next to you before focusing his attention on you. his hair was tied in a high ponytail and his sleeves were rolled up. he picked up a dirty glass left on the bar and began cleaning the inside.

"what can i get you?"

"just a wate- do you have juice, actually?" you shook your head.

the bartender quirked an eyebrow. "you come to a bar for juice?"

"no," you laughed, "i just suck at handling alcohol."

he set the glass on the back counter and reached under the bar for a new glass. "apple, orange, pineapple..."

"do you have any grape?"

"grape," he sighed. he shifted to the side and began searching for what you figured was your juice. he pulled out a wide bottle of half full grape juice. he glanced up at you as he filled up your glass.

you reached into your purse for your wallet.

he stopped you. "don't. we don't serve grape juice here so if anything i'd be charging you for the glass."

"then where did the juice come from?" you gestured to your drink.

"it's mine." the bartender glanced towards the stage. the crowd began forming again as venti's break was almost over.

"mm, thank you."

"diluc, goodbye," he said as you pushed yourself onto your feet.

after venti's performance, he sat on the stage just talking to his audience. he answered questions, joked around, told stories. your favorite story was the one about "the traveler" who saved all seven nations. he saved mondstat from one of the four winds who became corrupted by the abyss? you'd ask zhongli about it.

then he traveled to liyue, where he saved the harbor from osial, the god pinned underneath the deepest parts of the sea of clouds.

after making his way to inazuma, he was able to face the raiden shogun. there he was able to sever the vision hunt decree and eventually the sakoku decree. it's strange to believe a hostile nation that was under so much war at one point is now a gorgeous chain of islands prone to visitors.