Prologue

This is going to be a little short since it is just the prologue! I promise the chapters won't always be this short!!!! (the picture is Carla's flower garden btw!) 

Eren always knew this day would come, the day he would have to leave everything behind and escape his past; but he didn't want to.

He didn't want to leave behind the beautiful garden of his childhood home; it was the only comfort he had.

He didn't want to leave his mother; her tombstone will need to be tended to.

He didn't want to leave this life.

A soft sob escaped his lips as he picked up his suitcase, staring out of the kitchen window that overlooked his mother's flower garden. He had taken such good care of it after she left him, he watered all the plants and pulled out all of the weeds to make it look pretty, he even tied little ribbons on the tops of each wooden stake to make the brown wood more enjoyable to look at.

He clutched at the sink to support himself as the tears flowed down his cheeks and onto his hands; just then someone put their hand on his shoulder, he turned around hoping to see his mother but his eyes met the face of-

Gasping for air Eren lurched forwards, catching his breath as he hunched over, running his hand through his tangled hair; it was just a dream. He threw the blankets off of him and stood up, sighing as he walked over to the bathroom of his small dorm. His body was shaking slightly, was it the repercussions of the dream or was it from the stress of moving? The thought escaped his mind as he downed a sleeping pill, the water soothing the soreness in his throat. He dragged himself back over to his bed, falling asleep as soon as his head met the pillow.

~~~~

The bright golden rays of the sun inched through the cracks of the curtains, slowly reaching the sleeping male. His eyes fluttered open, looking at the plain white ceiling above him. He groaned rolling over onto his stomach and burying his face into the cool side of the pillow; but having woken up it was difficult to fall back asleep. Eren forced himself out of bed grabbing a white tank top and walking over to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth while waiting for the water in the shower to warm up.

He took a sharp breath in as he entered the shower, "Scheiße, das Wasser ist heiß!" 

(Translation: Shit, the water's hot!)

Even though the water was burning hot, it did soothe the tension in his body. Every muscle relaxed, allowing his labored breaths to settle into a steady rhythm of soft breathing. Water trickled down his sharp nose as he closed his eyes and leaned against the shower wall.

After washing himself, he got dressed pulling on a pair of baggy jeans and a loose crew neck sweater. He ran his hands through his hair and pulled it up into a loose bun on the back of his head; grabbing a book, he walked over to the couch in the living area of the dorms and sat down and read. He wandered through the pages of the book falling into a different world. A world where wizards and witches brewed potions, where goblins raided the luggage of lost travelers, where Unicorns and fairies lived with each other in harmony.

He kept reading until he dozed off, waking up with a start when the door to the dorm opened and a person walked in.

"Goodmorning!" A friendly voice called out, "I'm Marco, I think we are roommates, I got here just now so sorry if I woke you up."

Eren looked up from the couch, he was met with a bright smile from a freckled boy with large brown eyes.

"No, you're good," Eren yawned, stretching his arms above his head, "I was just getting up anyways." Standing up, he winced slightly from a splitting headache.

"Have you had breakfast?" Marco questioned, trying to create small talk.

"Huh? Oh, no I haven't," Eren chuckled slightly, "I just woke up."

He eyed Marco, watching his ears turn pink with slight embarrassment. He snorted in amusement, earning a glare from the freckled boy.

"You said your name was Marco right?"

Marco nodded

Eren smiled and stretched out his hand, "I'm Eren Jaeger, nice to meet you." His eyes glanced behind Marco as he did so.

Now it was Eren's turn to blush as he made eye contact with the prettiest woman he had ever seen. How did he not realize she was there, had he been too distracted by the arrival of his roommate? He blinked back to reality as the girl smiled at him with curiosity in her eyes.

"Hi, I'm Y/n" she waved at him, "Nice to meet you!"

Just a little note, I am going to have Eren speak some German in this book as he is from Germany in this story! (If I make any mistakes please tell me because my German is not very good!) Also I will have Jean speak some French because I need to practice my French. (I'm also not very good at it even though my family is quite literally from France.) And yes I did write this while listening to The Merry-Go-Round of Life on repeat :) Stan Howl's Moving Castle

Tell me how you liked it and please leave behind some of your thoughts on what I can improve and what you guys would like to have happen in this story!!! Also would you guys want me to add in the characters outfits or no? 

I love you all!!!