Epilogue

Ten years later:

    The sign for Triskelion swayed as the bell above the door dinged, signaling the entrance of a customer. 

     "Just a moment!" a voice yelled from the back.

     Dean tripped over the rug and into a stand by the door, almost knocking it over. Sam looked on with disdain. "Dude, you can't even walk straight." 

     Dean grinned and held up Castiel's hand that was firmly gripped in his own, their matching silver rings shining in the fluorescent lighting of the shop. He opened his mouth-

     Sam shook his head aggressively. "NO, no, don't make that joke again. I do not need to know more about your sex life. The motel walls are thin enough, thank you."

    Dean grinned, not chastened in the slightest.

    "Sorry for the wait, what can I-" the shop owner came around the corner and cut himself off. 

    "Hey kid!" Dean grinned. "Surprise!"

     Stiles beamed. "Sam and Dean. Castiel! It's been awhile."

     "It has indeed." Castiel nodded at Stiles. "You look well."

     Sam stepped forward and pulled Stiles into a quick hug. "Heard this was the place to go for supernatural items."

     Stiles clapped him on the back, then reached to shake Dean's hand. 

     "Yeah, what are you needing? We've got potions for sleep, potions for staying awake, potions for indigestion, or crystals for everything." Stiles monotoned, then smirked. "I bet you guys are looking for something from the back shelves though." 

     Sam smiled. "It's been awhile. We're not in a particular hurry, it would be nice to catch up before we get down to business."

      Stiles nodded, wiping his hands on his flannel and gesturing towards the backroom. 

     "Yeah of course. Come on through- I've got tea or coffee or bourbon and... that's pretty much it actually," he walked as he spoke. 

          "Watch your step," Stiles warned as they stepped through the back room. The floor was covered with discarded cardboard boxes and brown paper wrapping. "It's inventory day and I just got some new shipments of rare items so, kind of a mess." He chuckled. 

      "No worries. You should see Dean's room after I am gone for a weekend." Castiel intoned.

      Dean cast him a betrayed look. 

      Stiles looked bewildered. "I didn't know you were a comedian, Castiel."

      Dean immediately shifted to proud. "Cas has picked up a lot of human qualities and whadyaknow, we finally found him a sense of humor."

     Castiel rolled his eyes.

      Stiles led them through the back room and up a staircase. They emerged into a studio style apartment above the shop. There was a mountain ash sapling growing in one corner and through the window Sam could see wolfsbane and other plants growing on the balcony. 

      Stiles gestured at the plants. "Yeah, turns out being a spark means I have quite the green thumb. Also an affinity for magic. Hence the, you know, magic shop."

     He led them into the kitchen and gestured for them to take a seat at the breakfast bar. Dean looked around. There were claw marks on the support pillar in the middle of the room and several pillows had mismatched attempts at patchwork. The back of the couch was duct-taped.