Fabio Quartararo- It meant nothing

Requested by someone on tumblr ❤️

Authors note: This is super long and took me forever to write so hope you guys enjoy 

After a few weeks of being way to busy with work and other responsibilities I can finally make it to a race weekend and I'm beyond excited and so is Fabio and I know that because he hasn't stopped talking about how excited he is to have me around all weekend again and how much he misses me when I'm not there. Sadly we didn't get to travel out there together because he had to be there for Thursday and I had to work until Friday  afternoon but I spent my Friday evening traveling to the Netherlands to be able to be there for fp3 on Saturday. I arrived at the track in the very early hours of the morning and text Fabio because he made me promise to text when I arrived and even though I didn't expect him to answer he replied right away and said he would see me in 5. Very quickly he found me at the entrance to the paddock and ran right over picking me up and peppering my face with kisses like he hadn't seen me in months even though it has been less than 48 hours, he kept hold of me and carried me to his motorhome where he only put me down when we reached the bed and he cuddled up right next to me as we both fell asleep to get just a few more hours sleep. 

In the morning we were still cuddled up with Fabio's arm around my waist and his head in the crook of my neck as he still slept peacefully through the blaring alarm right next to us which I don't think will ever make sense to me but I did my usual trick and played with his hair while running my nails over his back which made him stir pretty much right away. He didn't want to get up and pushed his head further into my neck and kissed it gently before moving away and getting off me so that we could both get up and get ready. We got ready pretty quickly and headed to have breakfast with the team who it was nice to see as it's been a while since I've got to see them and we got to catch up a bit while Fabio had to just sit and watch but he didn't seem to mind. 

After breakfast we went back to the motorhome for Fabio to change into his leathers ready for free practice but he changed super quickly so we had a bit of time before he needed to be in the garage so he sat down next to me on the sofa and pulled me on top of his lap so that he could rest his head on my shoulder. There was complete silence between us for a while which you would think would be awkward but we are so comfortable with each other that we can just sit in silence and enjoy each other's company which is so nice because sometimes I want to be close to him but don't want to talk and doing this combines those two things. He started to play with my hair after a while running his hands through it and brushing out the tangles so that he could get his hand though it easier, it was very relaxing and almost made me fall asleep again. I was woken up again when we had to get up to go to the garage and as soon as we got in Fabio got into the zone so I let him be and only talked to him right before he left to wish him luck which he responded to with a quick hug before he hopped on the bike and sped out the garage. 

For the rest of the day he was mostly focused on his racing so he didn't talk much but after he qualified in second he came back in and the team congratulated him but I could tell he wasn't entirely happy because he wanted pole position. He took his helmet off and sat down on his chair looking down so I leant down in front of him and grabbed both of his hands to get his attention which worked pretty well as he looked up at me and a small smile came across his face. 

"Don't be so harsh on yourself second on the grid is amazing" I said trying to lift his spirits slightly 

"I know but I was so close and I've been feeling good on the bike so I was hoping to get pole" he explained 

"Well forget about all of it because all that matters is what you do tomorrow in the race and I know you well enough to know that you can win if you put your mind to it no matter where you start" I reassured him