Augusto Fernandez- What a day

Requested by @yosoysumorenito19

The last few days have been very busy with Augusto leaving for the last race of the season and me having to go to work and then pack to drive to the track to join him but finally we have reached the last race day of the season. I've never experienced a last race of the season before let alone a title decider so to been pretty overwhelming watching Saturdays track action and now getting ready for the race. With everything thats been going on I've not had much time to think about how this will be Augusto's last race in moto2 and possibly his chance of winning his first title. Its crazy to think that just a few months ago Augusto was trailing behind in the title fight and didn't see any hope of getting to motogp but here we are with him leading the championship and with a seat in motogp for next year. I couldn't be more proud of everything he's achieved this year as I've been here to watch everything and the amount of work and determination he's put into this season is like nothing I've ever seen before. As much as I would love to I can't get too ahead of myself as of course the championship isn't done as there is still a good chance that Ai could win but I have a good feelings about today.

On a normal race weekend we would have a bit more time together but since I got here I've barely seen Augusto as he's been so busy. The only time we got to spend together was in the evening but then we were both super tired so ended up just getting into bed. I guess overnight I didn't sleep so that kind of counts as spending time with Augusto as I spent most of the night staring at him to make sure that he was ok and sleeping while I worried about today. The busy schedule continued this morning as the alarm went off earlier than normal and I was dragged out of bed to go and get breakfast then left while the team had a meeting to talk about he race seeing as its an important one for the whole team. After the boring things were done it was time for warm up and I realised that I hadn't even got ready yet so I hid out the way during warmup just incase they had cameras as I didn't want to be on tv in my pyjamas.

Eventually we made it back to the motorhome and I got ready so that I looked a bit more presentable but then we had nothing to do until the start of the race. Seeing as we had some time I thought it might be a good idea to be doing something to take Augusto's mind off the race so I dragged him out of the motorhome to walk around the paddock. The paddock was very busy when we first went out as it was just before the moto3 race but after that began it was a bit quieter which made it a lot more enjoyable. As much as this walk was supposed to be to distract Augusto he seemed to be doing pretty ok and I was the one that was nervous about the race. I am always nervous before a race but I'm extra nervous for this race as I just know that if it doesn't go Augusto's way he will be so upset and will blame himself for all the mistakes he's made this season especially Australia.

Soon enough we had to head back to the motorhome for him to get ready which is when I noticed him getting a bit quieter and more nervous which was to be expected. I wanted to help him feel a bit calmer but I let him him go through his usual routine first as I know that he will be worse if he doesn't do everything like he usually does. Once he was ready I got up and grabbed hold of his hand to get his attention and once I had it I made him come sit down with me. I didn't say anything for a few minutes instead I just played with his hair running my hand through it as that often relaxes him. After playing with his hair for a few minutes he pulled me onto his lap and cuddled me into his chest.

"You've got this you know" I said

"You think so" he said

"Yeah I mean you like this track and the bike has been fast all weekend while Ai has been struggling you can do this you just need to believe in yourself" I said

"Thank you love" he said

"Now come on let's go so you can win the championship" I said pulling him up