3 • The fighting beauty

Suna had had enough of waiting.
It was cold.
Her butt hurt.
She was bored.
And then her father finally stepped out of his tent.

Behind him came Aline.
She seemed much happier and more hopeful and that made Suna happy.

She jumped up and ran towards the two.
What could they have been talking about?

"Suna, how about you show Aline the camp and introduce her to the others?", asked the lion.

"I'll do it!", Suna said happily and eagerly pulled Aline with her.

"Can't we walk normally?", Aline asked after a few seconds.

"Nope," Suna said simply and giggled.
"You're my friend now, which means you have to put up with me the way I am!"

Aline groaned.
"Now I understand why I've never had friends before," she murmured. "Because they couldn't stand me..."

Suna stopped abruptly. "I don't think so," she said, turning to face her.

Aline looked at her unsure.

"I think you have a beautiful personality, it's just deep, deep inside in you and you have to dig into yourself to find it, like a treasure buried deep down in the earth. And the greatest treasure is that which lies deepest. And your beautiful personality lies pretty deep!", Suna declared confidently.

When she talked like this, most people always looked at her as if she were telling some wild story she had dreamed of.
As if she were talking big nonsense.

But Aline looked at her very strangely, as if she had to process what she had said first.

After a little silence, she said:"You know that was pretty cheesy?"

Suna started to grin.

"Yeeeaaah!" she giggled.

And then she pulled Aline further with her, into the snowy camp.

It didn't take long to introduce Aline to everyone, because most of them were together in the meadow to practice sword fighting, and no one hated her for her mother as Suna had expected.
It didn't take much time to show Aline the camp either, because it was still quite small.

So Suna and Aline went back to the fighting meadow.

Oreius saw the two arrive and trotted over to them.

Aline looked around again in amazement, although she had already seen it.

"Can you fight with the sword?" Oreius asked her.
Aline nodded in surprise.

The centaur smiled and handed one of his two swords to Aline.
Suna, who got what Oreius wanted, also drew her sword and stood in front of Aline with a grin.

"I have to warn you, I'm pretty good," she said. "We'll see," said Aline and went into attack position.

Oreius stood to the side, then the two girls began.

Suna found out, that Aline was a rather good swordswoman.
But she also realised that Aline fought bitter and hard like this was a test and she needed to pass it.

It looked like Aline would win but Suna gained new strength through the thought that everyone was watching now.

In the end, Aline won, but Suna got compliments from the few Narnians that she "had fought like a lioness".

The typical comments.

Aline smiled and pushed her long, white hair out of her face. Suna saw, that she was pleased with what she did.