25. Relationships, The Broken And The Mending

As soon as Kunal entered his room, he saw Kuhu coming out of the washroom wearing a nightsuit.

"Aaj bohot der ho gayi tumhe." Kuhu said tying her hair in a loose bun as she kept the pillow and blanket on sofa all ready to sleep.

Without a word Kunal hugged Kuhu tightly making her startle for a minute, but soon she too wrapped her arms around him and started patting his back.

Though she was shocked by Kunal's sudden hug, but she could sense that he was not being his usual self.

She slowly broke the hug and made him sit on the bed giving him a glass of water which he gulped in a second.

"Kunal, is everything ok?" Sitting beside him she cupped his face and asked softly.

Removing her hands Kunal kept his head on her lap. Gasped at his sudden action Kuhu's heartbeat increased and she nervously looked at Kunal.

She slowly composed herself and started caressing his hairs. Kunal snuggled more into her and encircled his hands around her waist protectively as Kuhu got goosebumps on her waist.

"Ok Kuhu, stop behaving as if you are craving for his touch. What if he feels your goosebumps you idiot women? Just relax and ask him what's the matter, Ok? C'mon you can do it."

Kuhu gave herself a pep talk in her mind and then slowly removed Kunal's head from her lap.

Not knowing what his touch was doing to her, Kunal thought he'd exceeded his limits and removed his hands from her waist muttering a sorry to her.

He was about to leave when Kuhu pulled his hand and made him sit beside her.

"Ladaaku chhokro stop behaving so ajeeb and tell me what's the matter?" Kuhu asked cupping his face yet again.

"N...nothing." Kunal said removing Kuhu's hands from his cheeks.

"Agar woh nahi batana chaahta, toh mai bhi force nahi karungi. Waise bhi ek mahine baad yaha se jaana hi hai."

Kuhu thought giving Kunal a disappointed smile.

"Jab tak mujhe mera birth certificate nahi mil jaata, tab tak I can't tell Kuhu this truth. What if she leaves me after knowing that I'm not a Rajvansh."

Kunal thought as he saw Kuhu laying on the couch, while scrolling something on her phone.

"She's anyways leaving you after a month Kunal. It won't make a difference to her if you're a Rajvansh or not."

His subconscious mind mocked him, as he removed his nightsuit and marched towards the bathroom to change.

...............

Kunal was buttoning up his night shirt when he heard Kuhu's scream.

He rushed outside the bathroom to witness Kuhu standing on the bed with a horrified expression and a blanket wrapped around her.

"Kya hua? Tum chillai kyu?" Kunal asked getting on the bed as he checked her body to find any injuries.

"Will you say something?" Kunal asked shaking her as Kuhu hugged him tightly and pointed her index finger towards the couch.

"Co...cockroach." Kuhu said stuttering while Kunal gave her an 'are you for real?' look.

"Tum pagal ho kya? It's just a cockroach, uski wajah se tum itna zor se chillai, tumhe idea bhi hai meri andar jaan nikal gayi thi tumhari chhik sunkar."

Kunal scolded her, still patting her back. Thanks to the architect of this house who'd made the rooms away from each other, or by now the whole family would've been standing here.