- 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

[no silent readers please]

𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 — a drunken dream for teenagers, a never-ending nightmare for their parents

𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 — a drunken dream for teenagers, a never-ending nightmare for their parents. However, Montana Lestari has no parents to piss off tonight, which means she can do whatever the hell she wants.

She and Monty have been temporarily placed in different group homes for the time being until the social worker finds a couple to have both of them together. It's okay, though, she gets to visit him a lot, and he's made some friends. Ish. There's a mean boy there who says some homophobic things to the little Lestari — let's just say when Ashtray and Tana found out, things didn't end well for the kid; Lexi and Fezco were disappointed to say at the least.

And it's better off that Monty is away from Montana on Halloween night, because teenagers on Halloween night go wild. Especially when that teenager is mentally ill and a borderline junkie. She's calmed down a little since going official with Lexi, but not even she can put out her fire. Completely, at least. Lex knows how water her down when she goes off the rails, and nobody has ever managed that before.

Hours after the part begins is when Montana Lestari finally shows up, dressed as the mad hatter with a huge, heavy ginger curly wig. Lexi, dressed as Bob Ross, has been looking for her girlfriend everywhere, moping around the party with her red solo cup filled as she won't start the fun until she is connected with her other half.

And just as she starts to worry, Montana shows up with a big grin. The first thing she sees isn't her girlfriend; it's Rue Bennett. Sober and strangely happy. Tana wants to wrap her arms around the girl and tell her how proud she is, she really wants to — because she can admit it in her mind now, they are friends — but there is still something stopping her. Something telling her that she has to continue being the emotionless party girl she always has been. For the views of her TV show, for the reputation she took so long to build, for everyone to carry on worshiping her. To protect herself. To protect others. If she doesn't care, then nobody can get hurt when she fucks up.

Lexi has made Montana feel better in herself, Lexi has made Montana fall in love, but not even Lexi can cure Montanaʼs mind-plaguing disease.

Her skin feels as though it's turning gray, the world feels as though it's fading, and she knows what will happen soon. It's starting again.

Still, she grins up at everyone surrounding her at the party like nothing is wrong. Like she's not feeling the beginning of her breakdown. Like she's not a ghost.

"Hey, Lex," she greets her girlfriend, holding her soft hands at the waist of her trousers and leaning up to press a lingering kiss to her lips.

And although they've been dating for a while now, Lexi Howardʼs heart still melts at the sound of her voice. She could listen to Montana for hours, stare at Montana for days.

When Tana finally pulls away, she stands back to scan her eyes over Lexiʼs body. A giggle escapes her lips. "You're Bob Ross," she comments, her grin fading away and being replaced with a smile.