Part 6

The subsequently 15 months were more than just adorable, but I don't know which word can describe the feelings in my head.

We had the perfect relationship, our feelings were just getting stronger, and I fell in love with her more by every wonderful day passing by. We built up the strongest bund ever possible.                                                                      Those 15 months gave me the best days that I've ever experienced in my life.

We celebrated both Halloweens together, one with just watching horror movies in my living room, the other one with going out to scare little kids as Chucky and Tiffany. Our first Christmas took place at my home. I invited May's mom and her then six months old sister Ruby, and we had a wonderful time with my parents. We all get along very well, so there were never any problems inside this little bund. We gave each other our first New Year's kiss while an incredibly magic looking firework was decorating the sky. My 17th birthday in April turned into a day filled with going to a skatepark to start learning skating together. We secretly skipped school that day, just so we could spend this day together without having annoying classes destroying it. May got me a skateboard as a birthday gift. It eventually turned into our hobby ever since.          
                                                                                      I remember that one night in July, I'm pretty sure it is forever going to be my favourite experience in my whole life, and I won't ever forget about this. It was July 24th, summer break in New York which is, despite to Halloween and Christmas, the best time of the year. We were hanging out at May's, it was a warm evening, 77 degrees outside, when we were laying on the rooftop of her apartment. This sounds dangerous, but you can easily go there with a ladder on the back wall of the building, we've been doing this quite a few times.
We were lying next to each other on our backs, stargazing in comfortable silence. I was able to hear May breathing.
"Joe?" she spoke. "What's up, love?" May turned her body around and was now looking at me. I returned her gaze and looked directly into her lovely, sparkling eyes.
"Promise me this is going to be forever", she said. I smiled and held up my pinky finger. "Pinky promise?"
"Pinky promise", she answered, hooking her finger into mine. May gave me one of those pretty smiles she can conjure.                                                                       

I also remember a funny night in my bathroom when we were dying each other's hair. May's hair isn't naturally black, it's brown, but she dyes it. She was refreshing the black in her hair and there was some hair dye left, so we spontaneously decided to change my dark blond, naturally curly, and messy hair into black, curly hair. It was funny because there was more hair dye on my forehead than in my hair, but it turned out to look good and we ended up looking even better together.

This relationship seemed to never find an end, nothing could break it. Everything was perfect.

But suddenly, May changed.