Chapter 8

"I can't believe she played me like a damn fiddle." Polnareff slouched against a nearby wall, his posture reflecting his despondency.

"Ayayay, you're still down in the dumps? It's been an hour," you said in exasperation, rolling your eyes at his lingering gloominess.

"Shut up! I was traumatized, alright? I much prefer being chased to death rather than experiencing this," Polnareff yelled, a single tear escaping his eye as he vented his frustration.

"Oh falla finita, Polnareff," you sighed, shaking your head. "You surely are a dramatic gentleman."

After several attempts to persuade your moping friend to move, he finally complied, though not before cursing your entire existence. The bickering continued as you all walked on, with Jotaro silently leading the way, his hands buried in his pockets. He kept a close eye on the two stubborn friends squabbling over the smallest of things, occasionally glancing over his shoulder to ensure they didn't fall too far behind.

You all hurriedly passed unfamiliar buildings, traversed the high street, and crossed through the public square. Rounding the corner at the flower shop, you almost collided with a lady merchant coming the other way. Promptly apologizing, you offered to help her carry the large containers she accidentally let go of. She half-heartedly smiled at the gesture and gave a few fluttering comments, to which you simply grinned and expressed a single 'thanks'.

"Are we there yet?" Polnareff asked for the fifth time, puckering his lips in boredom. The three teenagers were seated quietly in the back, completely engrossed in the items they bought at the shop. Meanwhile, the grown-ups were cramped in the front, enduring the whining of a simpleton every minute.

Berlusconi took the liberty of maneuvering the vehicle since he was the only one liable enough to do so, and also to prevent any potential incidents. You squeezed your eyes shut when the letters on the book began to waft in your sight, exhaling an irked grunt as you flipped the sturdy chemistry book back to its original state.

You then whipped your head to the two silent Japanese students, about to speak, but the dark-haired male beat you to it.

"No," he stated firmly, not bothering to glance at your disgruntled form. Instead, he used Star Platinum to change your position and settled you on the top of their thighs. Kakyoin scuffled your messy hair affectionately while continuing to play with his newly purchased Gameboy, and Jotaro resumed reading a book relating to Marine Biology.

"Sleep," Jotaro repeated, his tone unwavering.

You deadpanned at his directive, attempting to shift around to get comfortable, but you groaned when their leg muscles hit your ribs.

"Mamma mía, how can I sleep properly? Your physique is as stiff as a rigid barricade," you complained loudly, hoping to get their attention, but unfortunately received no response from the two. So, you lazily ordered your Stand to create a makeshift neck pillow and a blanket.

"Now that's better," you sighed heavily, starting to drift off into wonderland. However, your peaceful moment was abruptly interrupted by a certain geezer curbing your fantasies.

"Make one for me too! My old self can't handle the discomfort on this compressed seat," the old Joestar nudged your forehead to wake you up. You only mumbled incoherent Italian cursing and promptly cleared a space on the side, arranging a single medium mattress and cushions.

"Oh yes! Thank you, tiny Caesarino," he grinned triumphantly and laid down in his bed, content. The remaining passengers in the front seats stared at the spectacle, though Polnareff sulked, wanting to take a nap on something fluffy too, but he was too prideful to ask you. He simply didn't want to see your smug face every time he asked for a favor.

You peeked with one eye open, sensing depleted energy in both people. "Mattias, you both should take some adequate rest. You might pass out from exhaustion."

"My, thank you for your kind consideration, my lady, but I assure you that I still have ample spare energy to disburse," he replied confidently.

You clapped your hands twice, and the automobile unexpectedly operated on its own. He shot you an alarmed glance, but you only shrugged your shoulders.

"I've always had this ability, Mattias. I even told you about it on my 8th birthday, but I guess you all believed I just have an imaginative mind," you explained, letting out a tired yawn and stretching your arms.

"Take a nap, I'll fill in the details later on. Phanes will take care of it, so don't worry; he's versatile with everything," you reassured them. Then, the car started glitching for a few seconds and transformed into a well-appointed but closed compartment with respective futons for each of you. It looked like mini lodging with minimal furniture. The two of them eventually plopped onto the surprisingly soft bedding.

"Sleep well, everyone"