02 - NOT YET

after rereading through the
webtoon, i realized the pacing
seemed kind of quick for the
one punch tv arc. for the sake
of this story, i'm just gonna
pretend that there were a
few days between hobin
confronting them!
;-0

***

"HOBIN. LET'S MEET UP WITH them."

His eyes widened at Rumi's sudden statement--but out of what? Shock? Embarrassment from the thought of being seen with creatures like them? Or...

He smelt an opportunity to make more money.

Shaking with an almost perverted laughter, he slowly turned to face Rumi. "Hehehe... Did they... contact you?" he spoke in segments, his face flushing at the thought of won. If what Snapper said about Taehun bringing in more donations was true, then imagine a collab with those two ethereal beings! Oh, he could already imagine the outpour of won that he'd earn...

Ignoring Hobin's terrifying behavior for the sake of the moment, Rumi nodded. "Y-Yeah... I got a message from the cute guy. He said that since I might get doxxed or whatever he called it, I could go to the girl's house," she answered, stopping herself from smacking him silly. Seriously, why did he have to be so weird when she was dealing with something so serious? She already had a hard enough time trying to act bubbly around everybody else.

"She really did! And I'm tellin' ya, the house of the address they gave us? It's gigantic, boss!" Gaeul piped in, flailing her arms like the little baby chick that she was. A sudden slam made her stop in her tracks while her head (and Hobin's and Rumi's) turned to the source of the sound.

"Wait! Aren't you guys worried that it might be a trap?"

It couldn't be... Snapper? Being completely reasonable and worried? Actually, that sounded an awful lot like him.

"They don't even know you, Rumi, but they're already offering their house to you? That sounds dangerous!" the blond began to spout as a million scenarios started to run through his mind. "They might be working with those One Punch bastards and trying to lure you to their domain! It all sounds too good to be true!"

A tense silence settled among their group. They completely forgot that they were still in school, but none of the other students seemed to have the guts to say something. With Snapper's worries being voiced, everybody appeared to be thinking of different things. Would they agree with him? Or would they be blindsided by how nice Dandelion Flow was?

Surprisingly, Gaeul was the first to break the silence.

"... I know you're worried about Goldilocks. We all are--but she really might be in danger. Men can be scary!" Clenching her fists, her head snapped to Hobin. "Even if those goons are actually bad, we'll still be there for her! Besides, he can protect us!"

With a finger now being pointed at him, Hobin was shaken from his imagination once again. "Wha...?" he murmured, his expression turning blank. HIM? "No. We still have Taehun and Mangi, haha..."

"Are you really planning to invite Mangi when that Mindy girl is gonna be there?!" said Snapper, looking at Hobin with a fiery gaze.

"Well... Taehoon!"

...

Cue another silence, although this one mainly consisted of Snapper trying to think of another excuse to not go. Could they rely on that pretty prick? Looking back to the past weeks, Taehoon surprisingly did show up to help Hobin when things were getting dire. Even though he clearly didn't want to admit it, the Taekwondo fighter obviously had a soft spot for them (Hobin).