𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

chapter three

chapter three..."DEJA VU"

. . . . .

Throughout the rest of the day, things only got more strange.

An overwhelming sense of deja vu was quickly eclipsing Harry's mind as the hours went by; rendering him rather disassociated from the current happenings, as a faint image of what was to come next lingered in his head before anything happened.

The same group of third year Ravenclaws as he'd seen in his dream had come barrelling into the Great Hall with books stacked to their chins at breakfast, and he anticipated Ron's words, "bit keen, eh?" before he'd even said them. He had looked to Hermione, who, just as he thought, sent the Weasley a look as if on cue.

Later in the day, just before lunch, Eden had come to him in the common room for bandages after yet another detention with Umbridge. Tears were pooling in her brown eyes and a wobble wavered her voice as she complained about the woman—just like his dream.

Remembering that in the dream he'd muttered a comment about Umbridge's pink attire that made her laugh, this time around he repeated it. Surely enough, as he carefully wound the bandage over her hand, holding her fingers in his, the same smile had met her lips as she laughed and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

Exactly how they were in the dream, Eden was sitting on the edge of the couch as he kneeled in front of her, tending to her hand. Her palm was so warm and fitting in his own that once Harry had secured the bandage down, his hand lingered in hers for a moment too long.

Just like the dream, he had looked up to her to see her already looking back at him, and her face was closer than he thought. Just like the dream, Harry felt the undying urge to lean in and kiss her the way he'd wanted to ever since fourth year.

Just like the dream, however, he didn't.

What really made Harry concerned for this supposed dream of his actually being reality—rather than pure coincidence or an odd deja vu—was that, as he opened his Defence Against the Dark Arts exam booklet, the first question was exactly the same as in the dream.

Maybe those third year Ravenclaws always ran into the Great Hall for breakfast, and maybe Ron said 'bit keen, eh?' A lot, and maybe he'd always felt the urge to kiss Eden—but now, he realised, staring in horror at the exam question, that these were no coincidences.

He knew that soon, the exam would be interrupted by the Weasley Twins and their fireworks show, and a dragon made of flame would chase an ash-covered Umbridge away through the halls. He knew that he'd have a vision of Voldemort torturing Sirius, which would lead to the thestrals, which would lead to the Ministry, which would lead to the veil, which would lead to Eden—

Unlike the dream, Harry abruptly stood up. 

Many of the student heads around him turned upward from their exam papers at the sound of his chair against the hard floor. Ink drops fell from some of the stand-still quills in anticipation.

"Mr Potter, get back in your seat," the shrill voice of Umbridge broke the silence from the front of the exam hall.

He glanced at the clock; soon enough, the twins would be here like a planned distraction for his getaway.

Any minute now...

Without responding to her, Harry slung his bag around his shoulder and quickly stepped between the desks for the large doors. He felt everyone's eyes on him as he ignored Umbridge's threats of detention and continued walking away mid-exam.

Out of everyone, he met Eden's gaze who had been seated in the last row; purposefully placed far away from him by Umbridge. The little crease between her brows embodied her confusion, but there wasn't any time to explain where he was headed, so Harry could only lightly brush his arm against her shoulder as he walked past to try and convey this.

He heard the loud click of Umbridge's heels as she angrily trailed after him—by now, no one was writing on their exams—, so he quickly pushed open the door and started running once he slipped outside.

After a safe enough distance, he could hear the beginning of the explosions of Fred and George's fireworks—which only made his heart beat faster, knowing that yet again his dream had proven to be not just a dream.

He picked up his pace again; headed straight for the one person who could—hopefully—give him some answers, or be able to understand what was going on.

Dumbledore.

. . . . .

—a/n:
ik dumbledore was kinda m.i.a for this part of ootp but for the sake of the story and me only remembering this like halfway through this chapter, let's pretend he's there.
also we'll pretend he's been less of a secretive asshole to harry this year.

I HOPE YOU LIKE THE STORY SO FAR!! i'm really enjoying writing it lol
i'm writing this late so pls excuse any typos <3
-g