𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

chapter four

chapter four..."INSANE"

. . . . .

"Everything is just like my dream," Harry stressed with pleading eyes to Dumbledore, who sat opposite him in his chair with a concerned glassiness in his gaze. "I thought some stuff was just coincidences—but the fireworks? The exam question? What's happening to me?"

"You say it's different from your vision of Mr Weasley?" he asked quietly, studying Harry's increasingly agitated state as he nodded feverishly.

"That one was...I dunno. But this is different, I know it is. And if everything's happening now like it did in my dream, then Eden—"

Harry's voice cut off with a grunt as a familiar vision flashed across his mind. Sirius in the department of mysteries, with Voldemort circling him like a vulture to its prey. The same exact one, again. The same bait.

Opening his eyes, something deeply disturbed lingered on Dumbledore's features as he observed Harry. It only lasted maybe a second, but it was there.

Harry's knee bounced as he took his glasses off to wipe his face, turning the world into a blur of colour and fuzzy shapes until he put them back on. His heart drummed in his chest so hard it felt like he was going to pass out. If everything from his dream is coming true, that means Eden is in danger. That she could be dead and gone within a few hours.

He couldn't let that happen.

"Harry," Dumbledore said quietly, so quietly he was barely audible above the cracks and pops of the fireplace, the clicks and whirrs of his trinkets dotted around his office. "Look at me."

He already was.

"Do not go to the Department of Mysteries. If, as you say, Eden was killed by falling through a Veil, do not go back there. If there is no Veil, there is no death. We have to assume that for now." He looked at Harry very intently then, a pained look on his face, mixed with something else Harry couldn't quite decipher. "You have a chance to make things right. Going to the Ministry was your first mistake, but now you know it is a trap. I want you to remain in your common room tonight. Keep an eye on Eden."

Harry nodded, trying to calm himself down, reassure himself. No Veil, no death. That was easy enough, right?

"What then?" Harry swallowed thickly.

"Then...you wait and see; and hope that tomorrow arrives." Dumbledore said calmly—eerily calm, like the electric stillness before a storm.

Harry focused on the bits of colour he could see outside the Headmaster's office windows, where Fred and George's fireworks remained vibrant and sparkling. He could almost hear the students cheering, even from way up here.

"Am I going insane, Professor?" he asked, raking a clammy hand through his tousled dark hair.

"There's a fine line between insanity and divination, Harry."

. . . . .

—a/n

this plan is gonna work right? 

...right?

-g