⇢ ˗ˏˋ epilogue ࿐ྂ

my love for you will never die. i promise you baby, we'll see each other one day again.. at least we are under the same sky.

3 years later

3 years later

slowly you move your hips back and forth, swaying to the beat of the music coming from the tv while you stand at the sink cleaning the dishes from breakfast.

you close your eyes and let the pleasant + calm music take effect on you. your thoughts automatically wander to hyouma, imagining his image.

you see him standing opposite you, laughing, as he brushes a strand of hair out of your face, his other hand embracing your waist. you can still feel his touch on your skin, the small electric shocks, the pleasant tingling in your belly when he has kissed you.

even after three years you can still see him clearly in your mind — his image will never fade.

but it stabs you in the heart every time, because you miss him. you miss him so unbelievably much that even now there are days when you lie in bed crying, because the longing for him and the pain over the loss still eats you away.

there have been so many times, the moments when you hated yourself because you didn't stay with him, because you left, left him behind.

request or not, you shouldn't have left him alone.

these thoughts are still buzzing around in your head, but looking back you can only be glad that you managed to escape, otherwise maybe the most important person in your life would not be here.

and exactly at this moment when you think of this person, you hear how the door of the house is unlocked and a babble of voices reaches your ears.

you open your eyes, turn around to the kitchen door and see the person you love as much as hyouma.

beaming with joy he comes running towards you. "mommy"

smiling, you lift him up, give him a motherly kiss on the forehead and look into his shining, innocent blue eyes. you realize this over and over again when you look at your two year old son.

"they were out of rice, can you believe it? and then the onions were so expensive," rensuke says, to which another person just shakes her head, laughing.

she puts the cloth bag with the food on the table and looks at you. "so as you heard yourself from rensuke, there was no more rice. so there won't be any onigiris today" his girlfriend informs you annoyed.

understanding, you nod and look past her to her boyfriend who is unloading the groceries.

since you escaped back then, you've been barely scraping by for ages, hot-wiring cars, even sleeping under the bridge, when one day you remembered who hyouma originally wanted to flee on to.

knowing the name of the town was enough for you, so you went looking for his best friend at the time. luckily it's only a small town, so it didn't take long to find rensuke & kyoko, and eventually you were standing at their doorstep.