XXV

[Edit: Just realized, the Number on the Poster was wrong AF.]

New Characters alert. (The chapter ain't as bright as the poster)

'I am a selective mute.' Soma sighed. Her tears dried, as she sat on the other corner of the couch. Her lips moved in sync with her gestures. 'I do have a voice, but I don't use it.' 

'I was created in a lab, my mother- I mean creator, was a human named Joy. She was an elderly woman and a great scientist. She was all I had in name of a mother.' The four males stared at her intently as she continued. 

'I was made in London. We lived there... Everything was happy. But suddenly-'

"Soma! Soma!" The blond-haired female rushed inside the glass cabin, where, in the corner sat a 19-year-old Huddled hybrid. Her legs attached to her chest. As she looked at the lady, with wet tearful eyes. 

"Honey..." She hushed, softly. "Soma listen-" Joy was cut off by a loud gunshot. She flinched and looked around. Soma broke into deeper sobs as she cried. Joy quickly held her palm and spoke after a huge gulp. "Listen, Honey... Y-You need to leave. If you sit here, we are both going to-"

"Please Soma we really need to leave!" She raised her voice. Soma hugged the older lady's frame as she cried loudly. Joy softly patted her back as she tried holding in her own tears. "Mr, Dankworth is coming Soma. You don't have to worry, we-we just need to get out of here." She softly hushed. 

Soma looked at her deep brown eyes once and nodded. 

The whole lab was a mess, dead bodies, broken lab machines. Shattered glasses. Soma had her mouth clasped with her left hand as she tried to gulp her sobs as the other lady pulled her from her right hand. Joy took in a deep breath as she saw the black gate which had 'EMERGENCY EXIT' written in big bold letters.

"We are almost there... Just a few more steps then-"

Bang.

 A loud piercing sound rang in Soma's ears as Joy's limp body fell on the messy floor. Just as the Feline looks at the thick red liquid, her throat falls dry. A sudden wave of reality shook her as she screamed. 

"MOTHER!"

Soma's body started unintentionally twisting as she smelled more gunpowder. Wrath crawled into her eyes as she screamed loudly. Deep midnight black hair emerges from her skin, as her hands turn to paws. She soon settled on four limbs. A few seconds after, a fully grown black panther stood in front of Joy's almost lifeless body. Her usual soft glass-blue eyes were dark, almost black.

A snarl escapes her snout as she takes one last look at Joy, she charges towards the armed men. Tearing their flesh, limb by limb. Turning the once muscular bodies into shreds. Her fur was covered in red blood. She sawed one last time at the now dead bodies when she hears a faint noise.

"S-Soma..." Joy hushed with the last energy she had. Soma sprints near her. The blonde-haired lady looked miserable. Her white coat was all blooded. Her eyes were barely open. Soma snarled as tears pool her eyes. She softly holds her neck from her bloody jaw, pulling her near the wall as Joy leaned her back on the destroyed wall. 

Soma releases her neck to take a good look at her. Tears run down her black-furred face. As her snout scrunched in pain. Joy softly places her palm between her ears as she softly patted. "R-Run away, S-Soma... M-Mr. Dankworth. Leave. They'll-"

Upon noticing the humans struggle the panther softly grunts, panic strikes her as the mourning panther soon starts shifting to a human as the black hairs dissolve. She gently cups Joy's face as she cried. "Mother! Mo-Mother!" She whispers. 

Joy's once heaving chest falls still as Soma falls back. Her eyes bawl out as she cried. The only words remaining in her head being. 'Run away.' 

She wore her damaged clothes running out of the emergency exit, down the stairs, she reaches another door. Just as the door opens, a heavy metal hits her right on the head. Her eyes felt heavy as her head bleeds. But before she could fall a muscular arm snakes around her waist.  

"Ashton!" A loud gruff voice shouted. Soma released a breath of relief as she identified the usual scent of dandelions, Mr. Dankworth was here... 

"That's Soma, you idiot!" He yelled as he took the girl from the man's- Ashton's arms. "Soma! It's me- Soma! Can you..."

She captured a glimpse of the older male's hazel eyes, before things start turning dark, and then disappeared...

After that, she woke in a car. Her bleeding head, which was now bandaged, stung from the pain. An older dark-haired male settled beside her as he shouted on the phone.

"What do you mean no one's alive?! Search it again!" He huffed before declining the call, his eyes then meeting Soma's glass blue ones. He takes her hand in his and smiled. "Are you fine dear...? Does your head hurt?" He hushed softly. Soma gently shook her head and then whispers. "Where are we going, Mr. Dankworth...?"

He sighed "First; It is father for you Soma, dear. Second; We are at war. It is not safe for you here. I am sending you to Korea. A friend of Jackson lives there. You will stay with him..." 

"It is a  long way there dear... You should sleep." Soma nods.

Mr. Dankworth was a mob leader. He owned a laboratory too, where different beings were created. Things that are unique and pretty expensive to make for normal labs. Soma was one of those many exotics that were made in there.

He was a great man, treated everyone nicely. He had grown a deep liking to the girl when she was a toddler. Maybe because he had requested Joy to make her look like his late wife. Every time he would look at the girl, his eyes would glimmer just like they did when his wife was alive. Dilated glass blue orbs of the feline had become one of his weaknesses... 

Other than Soma, he had two sons; Ashton and Jackson. They were twins. They were like brothers to the girl. 

Small fights among his gangster enemies were normal. He would usually bring the girl to his mansion whenever he felt like the lab was in danger. This time it was unlike anytime else. 

He was not in the UK and probably was unaware of the attack... A lone tear slipped from the feline's eyes at the memories of the kind scientist. She would miss her. A lot.

"Bye Soma. And don't worry. I will be back for you." The man smiled pecking the tired hybrids head. "Goodbye, father..." Soma slightly smiled.

That was the last time she probably smiled. Jackson's supposed 'friend' was a monster.  A few months from her last meeting with Mr. Dankworth, she was met with the news of the Dankworth mob being cleared. She had mourned at the memories of her small family. In that mourning, her voice was buried somewhere in her.

Everything happened so fast. One minute She was crying hysterically on a bed. And the next minute she was standing on a stage barely dressed in any clothes. Creepy men stared at her body as her price increased. She was sold to an agency. 

She had no idea what was about to happen to her. But it all became crystal clear when she woke up in a bed, naked. Her abdomen was stinging. Her body felt disgusting. The bed under her was stained with blood. Her clothes in form of shreds were on the floor...

She had cried. A lot. Begged them to not do it. But her painful screams fell on deaf ears...