Chapter 2

When Tibe had first laid eyes on the beautiful woman in yellow robes, he had forgotten everything. He forgot his lessons in Silver Houses, he forgot his understanding of social structure, he forgot his voice.

She was undeniably gorgeous. Her hair was in a simple up-do, and her dress, while made of layers of fabric, still stood out among the more elaborate gowns of silk and satin.

During his dance with her, he felt as though he had been put under a spell of sorts, caught in the riveting gaze of her light brown eyes, the edges crinkled up in enjoyment and happiness.

He looked after her retreating form, his eyes narrowing at the man who took her hand, dressed in a similar colored attire. Was he her lover?

After dancing for another hour or so, changing partners frequently, he walked over to join his father who stood speaking to his steward.

His father looked up, dismissing the silver before speaking to his son, "Have you made your rounds?" Tibe nodded. "What about the lady Elara? Of the Merandus house?"

Tibe recalled a rather insistent lady dressed in white and blue, along with a haze that had swept over his mind during the course of the dance.

"Actually father, I wanted to inquire about the second woman I danced with? The one in yellow? What house is she from?"

The King's eyebrows shot up in shock, before his face darkened, "You would do well to stay away from that woman and her house".

"Why?", Tibe was confused, he hadn't thought to be anything wrong with her.

"She's Coriane of the house Jacos." At Tibe's blank look he elaborated, "They're Singers. Not to mention they suspect the higher houses after what happened many years ago. They have a bad reputation, and an even worse history. You should stay away."

Tibe recalled his lessons, and what he knew of Singers. Briefly he wondered if she had sang to him, then dashed the idea as quickly as it had come.

They had both been too caught up in the moment. There was no way. She was too sincere.

He walked to the side wall, observing the dancers with a small smile as he recalled his own dance with the woman of the Jacos house.

***

Okay, this has gotten way more reads and encouragement then I initially thought...... HOLY CRAP THANK YOU!!!!

Okay, so, I'm a horrible person for not updating, and this is really short, but I'm using this as my outlet for writer's block, 'cause that's how I overcome writer's block by working on other stories.

Anyways, gonna keep working on this, and again, thank you!

-Eliza