Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

My dad picks me up from the airport, he is talking about my brother, but I zoned him out. My mind goes somewhere else….

*Flashback*

I wake up in a white room, with medical equipment. I try to move but pain rushes through my whole body. Yet I am still stubborn to continue to try and get out of the bed. Braxton rushes in and to my bedside. “Kyles, stop, stop fighting your ok, your ok” my panic starts to recede. I lay back down and feel my body relax. Fuck, can’t even breath, why can't I remember what happened?

“What the Hell happened? Where am I?” I close my eyes cause the room was spinning. I let my head fall back and I take a staggered breath, in pure pain.

*Flashback End*

“Rose, wake up?” Dad gives me a shake, “are you ok?” He looked worried, fuck I need to get over that.

I turn to him with a smile, “Yeah I am fine, just worried about my new cadets.” It wasn't a complete lie.

“You know you can’t lie to me Rose.” he stopped the truck, we were in the driveway of my parents house. We had moved a lot with my dads naval career and everything. But this is where he retired.  “If theres a problem Rosie just talk to me.”

“No, No Dad I am fine. Ok leave it.” I swing the door open and take in the fresh air, and beauty of everything. I grab my duffel from the bed of the truck, and my Mother comes running out of the house, she gives in a big hug and starts to lecture me, “When are you going to bring a man home with? I want grandbabies sooner or later.” my mother and I walk back to the house together.

“Jesus Christ, Ann she just got here save the kids and marriage for later.” Dad gives a grunt as he walks to the living room and sits in his chair. The house doesn't even look like it really change. since last time I was home. I sit at the kitchen table as my mom goes back to cooking.

“Oh, you brother was able to get off of work to come and see you while you were are home, and he is bring a friend, say you to know each other, Adam Brashton, Braxton something like that.” I nearly spit up the water I was drinking. “Heres your brother now.” I run out of the kitchen and too my brothers truck and there he is, Adam Braxton, getting out of the passenger side. What the fuck did he think he was doing intruding on my families vacation!

I glare down the boys and motion them to go the barn, they follow behind me, I whip around and see what they hell Adam was doing here. “What to explain how you know my commander?" Glaring down my brother.

“We met at a meeting on domestic terrorism, later did i find out he worked at Parris Island with you.” Dustin laughing a bit, I didn't find this funny at all.

“Can we get a minute Dustin, she is going to mad, you know let me explain” he is playing my brother like a mark, he is clearly lying. My brother goes and walks away. “I didnt tell you cause I know you would try and resist, I am worried about the team. Not you but something weird is going on with these new cadets. Your co-commander so i needed to make sure you knew but I didn't want to talk about it on base where we could be monitored.” he has rehearsed this I can tell.

“ What about Jones?” Something always has to come up.
“ She might be part of it, I can't trust anyone but you” looking me dead in the eyes. I am standing at attention and didn't even realize it.

“What do you need me to do?” I have none of my resources cannot call any of them because of the no trust thing, shit this ruins my leave.

        “Still got your journal with our missions, I have seen you writing in them” He was spying on me! Thats what i get for being in the Marines. We continue to talk as we walk inside and to my bedroom with my duffle. making a game plan we decide to start looking up and training more tonight when my family is asleep. I don't know how to get this pass them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

feedback please! Sorry for the long wait!