Chapter 3

Chapter Three
I slowly grab at my pillow on my bed, not wanting to get up. I let my mind drift to yesterday. "something weird is going on"... what could be wrong? I thought our team worked really wrll and we were running smoothly with the new recruits.
I sit and run my hands through my hair, my body sore, not often getting a break from the constant physical demand of my job.
My room really hasnt changed, a small knock on my door, it is about 0400 little after. Still in my pajamas, black shorts and a long hot pink tank top, I open the door but immediately walk back to my bed.
"Your really not still sleeping?" Braxtons grabs on old photo off of my dresser "Cheerleader huh? Never would have guessed."
I give a small chuckle, "Yeh, momma's Prom Queen, Daddy's Marine." My room has a bathroom in it. I grab a pair of running shorts, sports bra, and a USMC shirt. Quickly putting my hair up and taking a look in the mirror. God, I wish I could tell my family. I cant tell anyone... but Braxton understands I guess.
Walking out of the bathroom Braxton is sitting on my bed. I flop down next to him with my tennies in my hand and start putting them on.
"So know any good running spots?" Braxton's pats my leg and helps me up, he always was cold but gentle, for a trainer killer, but for him to help me up was weird, it wasn't like him.
Walking out of my room with Braxton, Dustin happens to walk out of his room,  he attempted to stop us.
"Um, why you coming out of her room at 0400?" directing it towards Braxton, my brother has always been very protective towards me, and I have always been so independent that it clashed, a lot.
Shoving Dustin out of the way "Shut up dumbass, you know I am not like that," mad that he would think that I would be so whore like to see with someone I work. If he only knew the truth of my job and how horrible sleeping with each other would mess up everything.
As we start to run I decide to talk us to the trail that has a pond near about 2 miles from the house. When we get to the pond we slow down. I came here to run away from my High School, I might have been the prom queen and Cheer Captain, but I was different. It was my 10th school my dad finally got out half way through my junior year. I knew martial arts and my guns training from my dad made me different, my brothers over protectiveness didn't help.
We sit and start talking about the plan and what his worries were. "Some files have come up missing and I am suspecting Jones is selling intel, and I don't trust these new recruits, I don't know who I can anymore." Braxton calmly  looking over the landscape, he had such amazing body features, I nearly never notice do to work, but wow. Strong jaw, blue eyes you could get lost in, what am I think I cant start this now, bring emotions in would ruin everything.
"Are you telling me, that we are going black?" Going black was our code word to abort that a cover was blow or that our ride wouldn't be there, that we need to go under till things cooled. We both let everything sink in and start the run back home.
Getting back into the drive way I see my dad and brother, this isnt going to be good they had that same face they had when i brought home a date. "Rose in the house, now." very sharp, much how a Navy Seal would talk to his team, makes me feel stupid. I obey his order and go to the porch with my mother.