in which my sister makes some Valid Points

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-click

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"Oh my gooooooood, shut up."

My name is Y/N Iridatsu, and unfortunately, it's my first day back at school today.

I say unfortunately, but I don't actually hate school. I actually really enjoy it. My friends are there, my grades are intact, and I guess you might consider me popular? School's great, I'm just dramatic.

I'm in my second year of high school, along with my identical twin sister, Hiromi. She's the one who told me to shut up. My little brother is 5, so he obviously isn't joining us today. Poor baby's probably still asleep. He can sleep through anything, bless him.

"But Y/N, how can you be identical if you're a boy, and your twin is a girl??????", you may be asking. I'm trans. That's how. (yuuhhh slayyy or something)

Somehow nobody at school seems to have realized, and I'd like to keep it that way. There have been times in the past where... well.. it's just better if people don't know.

Anyways, I shouted oh so loudly because my lovely beautiful troublegirl stinky trash cat, Tink, thought it would be the Peak Of Comedy to help wake me up by jumping onto my stomach. I love her. I also really wish she would attack my sister instead of me.

Pushing my beautiful darling Tink off of my chest, I looked up at my alarm clock. Hm. I had a while until we had to leave the house.

It couldn't hurt if I napped for 5 more-

"No."

Ah. My lovely sister. Must she always be reasonable? And must we share the same bedroom?

"I didn't even say anything!" I protested.

"Exactly," The bundle of blankets on Hiromi's bed sighed. "Which means that you were considering sleeping for five more minutes, which would then accidentally become 20 minutes, and then we would be late and you would panic, and-"

"OKAY I get it, I get it!"

Hiromi and I bicker a lot, but she's one of the best friends I have. We've always stuck together, so she knows me like the back of her hand, and vice versa. Sometimes though, it really does feel like she knows exactly what I'm thinking.

I sat up in bed. My hand brushed my hair out of my face. Curse my stylish and cool hairstyle! It's just so hard to be so fashionable. Rubbing my eyes, I gazed out towards the window. Golden sunlight streamed through the thick curtains. 

The blankets on Hiromi's bed shuffled, and rolled off the bed with a thwump. They then stood up, and fell to the floor, revealing my sister, with a terrible case of bedhead.

"Morning," I grinned.

Hiromi groaned. "Why do you always have so much energy?"

I shrugged. "Why do you always act like you have no energy even when you do, edgelord?"

Romi glared, her hot-pink eyes flashing with irritation. Then she snorted. "I'm not an edgelord! Tell that to that boy with chuunbiyou."

She's talking about Shun Kaidou, this guy in our class. He's got this crazy imagination, and this story where there's, like, this organization called the Dark Reunion? It's actually pretty cool. I've heard him talk about it before, and he seems to almost believe it himself, which leads some kids to make fun of him, and say he has eighth-grader syndrome. I think its kinda cute, but apparently not everyone else does.

"Hey now, remember what we were saying about not making fun of people," I chided, playfully. "He's a good kid. He helped me carry some books one time."

Romi raised an eyebrow. "Everyone helps you carry books. That's not new."

Okay, yeah, no, that's fair.

"And I'm not making fun of him.  I just wouldn't be surprised if his Spotify had Gerard Way on it."

That...is also fair.

I pulled a shirt on over my binder. "You're just jealous I'm so cool and popular, you loner."

She scoffed, "Please. You know I don't like attention."

"Uh huh, uh huh, sure. If you say so."

This was met with a pillow to my face. That was fair, too.

After getting ready and eating, we bid adieu to our mother, who was slightly confused as to why we were speaking French, but at this point, was used to our antics.

The  bus arrived at the stop right on time, not a moment after we did. I hopped on.

The passengers were seated in silence, some on their phones, or reading a newspaper.

"Hey everyone!"

"Hi Y/N," the entirety of the bus replied. Yes, this is normal.

"Mr Ban! How are the kids?" I asked a middle aged man. 

He smiled. "Oh they're the same as always. Dreading the return to school. You start again today too, right?"

"Yup! Wait," I gasped, "How did you know?"

Dude! Maybe Mr Ban is secretly a psychic!

He laughed. "The two of you are wearing your uniforms!" 

Oh yeah. 

"You know," Romi snickers, "Sometimes I wonder how we have the same grades."

UH RUDE

"Girl, didn't you literally forget the word for magician the other day? You called them theater kid Harry Potters."

"...Okay, yeah, but like, am I wrong?"

"....no."

"Exactly."

After high fiving and chatting with basically everyone on the bus, we had reached our stop.

"Have a nice day, Hiromi, Y/N!"

"You too everybody! Thanks Mr Bus Driver!"

After Romi and I got off the bus, I'm pretty sure they all went back to sitting in silence. Weird.

The rest of our trip to school was pretty much the same. Bumping into people we knew (what a small world we live in!) and greeting them, one after another, until we arrived at our school, PK Academy.