2

The face mesmerized me. It felt like I could stare at it forever and not care about anything else around me.

"Hey, shit, can you hear me?" The same voice was now snapping me out of this trance his face set one me.

"I'm fine, can someone just help me up?" being sprawled out on the ground made me feel miserable, like i was a test subject for the group of boys to come and laugh at. I didn't like to be looked at, let alone laughed at.
Many different hands reached out towards me and pulled me up. It hurt at first but i let the pain all ride out because i just wanted to be up and in a safe area.
The boys were much help to this feeling as they bot me settled down on a bench to myself with some water. They all looked so concerned and were all so eager to help me up, it felt different.

"Is you good?" One of the group asked.
"Yea, just a little accident. I'll be okay." I just wanted to take a break now and a rest.
"If you wanna go home we can take you. It's not too much of a big deal."
I couldn't fuckin go home right now, Fabian would kill me, and mom- she'd never let me skate again.
"You can take me anywhere to rest but home. I can't go home right now." I didn't wanna sound like a pity story for saying i'd rather be anywhere but home, but i'd rather sound pity then get my ass beat.
"Shit, we can take you back to Motor. You'll be safe there."

God, don't let these boys be serial killers.

                                              ••

We finally made it back to this shop they kept talking so greatly about and i just wanted to lay down. The place was sick as fuck, I wish I could've seen more of it but the boys instructed me to lay down for a while. I tried to tell them that my head felt fine but they didn't trust me and said I was talking jibberish because I had fallen.

"You fucking idiots she isn't supposed to be layin down. You dont lay down then you hit cho' head." The pretty blonde boy was yelling at the rest of the boys coming from the back with an ice pack in his hand. "Here you go ma," He continues as he kneels next to me and puts the ice pack on my head. "Just sit up straight for me right quick." My brain immediately shut down when he gave me an order. I couldn't think i just sat up just like he had asked me to.

"It feels better now." I whisper replacing my hands with his, holding the ice pack.
"Well I think it's time we introduce ourselves." The oldest looking out of them all had finally spoke up. He didn't necessarily look mean he just stood there since we came to this "shop" place.

"Im ray," That name fit him. An old name for a wise old soul.
"Thats Fourthgrade, Ruben, and Stevie." The three boys he mentioned were sprawled out all over. The tall lanky one was holding a camera, Fourthgrade. The short one with a buzzcut, drinking an orange juice, Ruben. The last one was so young looking, he couldn't have been over 12 but i'm assuming that was Stevie. I had the names of everyone but the one I was most interested in.

"And last but not least the blindside over there is Fuckshit."

"Fuckshit? His parents named him that?"

"No, of course not. That's his name because when ever he sees some cool shit he yells, "Fuck! Shit! That was dope."

I thought having profanities in a name was kinda funny. Not a giggle out loud type of giggle but an inside giggle. Now that I can match a name to a face it wont be any problem getting to know him better.

"What's your name?" Ray questioned.

All the boys were looking at me now with curious and confused faces. I hated being looked at for too long so i looked at my shoes.

"Amari."

There was a nice silence after I said that. Only thing being heard was C.R.E.A.M playing lowly on a boom box.

"I think that's a pretty name." Stevie blurted out. He was so sweet and adorable. This got him a smile from me and a small chuckle. "Ray, can I take her around the shop and look at stuff for a few minutes while her head gets better?" He seemed very eager to talk to me and to show me stuff. I thought it was nice of him. Ray agreed to his request and he pulled me off the couch right into the cd section.

"What kinda music do you listen to?" He asked while showing me a few beastie boy albums.
"Uhm well, a little bit of everything. I like the Beatles, The cure, Korn, Eazy-E, Tupac, Misty Gore." I could talk about my music taste for ever but i had to stop myself this time. I didn't wanna talk the kids ear off. He didn't seem to mind that i kept talking, he just kept smiling and listening and searching for cds.

"Do your parents usually let you stay out late? If they do come hang out with us again please. You're kinda fun." Stevie was trying to make me feel better but he made me remember to check my watch. 6:34 pm. "You think this is late, kid? I might not even go home tonight."