00

He should let me run away at the moment when I still have some restraint left.

Malaya ko siyang pinagmamasdan habang pinaglalaruan ang isang dagger sa pagitan ng mga daliri ko.

A sight of Jiang playing the zither under a spotlight made by the moon help me elucidate that he is afterall...blessed by the gods.

And here, in the darkness, it was clearer to me that I am nothing...but a curse to him.

Nang maramdaman ko ang lamig ng metal sa aking palad ay hindi na lumipas ang isang kurap dahil agad kong pinabulusok ang dagger sa kinaroroonan niya.

Nanliliit ang mga mata ko habang papalapit nang papalapit iyon sa kaniyang bulto.

It was about to hit him when he abruptly avoided my attack by solely tilting his head.

Just as I anticipated.

"Come out, Mal." his voice rested on my ears that I can faintly hear his music.

I did come out...with my star shaped blades.

Sa sandaling humakbang ako paalis sa anino ng puno na kaniyang kinasasandalan, ay sunod-sunod kong isinaboy ang mga hugis bituin na blade sa kan'yang direksyon.

Hindi iniwan ng kaniyang mga mata ang akin habang walang hirap na iniiwasan ang mga patalim ko.

I gave him a cynical smile when he finally realized how he fell for my trap. I didn't know that pinning his royal dragon robe with him in the tree could be this easy.

Bago pa siya makawala ay mabilis akong kumilos patungo sa kanyang harapan. I push his chest to lock him between me and the tree.

Inilapit ko ang mukha ko sa kaniya. "You said you would take me back to that maze,"

"Ngayon ay tuparin mo iyon. Do it, Jiang...before I kill you." an amused smile crept across his face.

"Hindi mo magagawa 'yon... hindi mo gagawin,"

"At hindi ikaw ang magdidikta no---"

Natigilan ako, mas idiniin ang palad sa kanyang dibdib. Imposible, paano...bakit?

His h-heart, it's...

"It's beating,"

Aalisin ko na sana ang kamay ko sa kanyang dibdib nang hawakan niya ito at mas lalong ipinirmi.

"Kung nais mong bumalik doon muli... you should have this first,"

"Tell you heart to beat again, Mal."

"Ha!" padabog kong binawi ang kamay ko. "Oh don't make me laugh, Jiang! This heart had already stopped from beating decades ago,"

"It is dead like how it's supposed to be!"

"I'm sorry but it's the only way." Naiyukom ko nang mahigpit ang nanginginig kong kamao.

"I lost a fragment of me deep within you. That is the reason why I can't use my full ability to bring you back to the labyrinth,"

Tumango-tango ako. Everything makes sense now. He is that child decades ago. He is the fruit of that tree!

"I understand... somehow, I do."

I let out a deep breath and hold my chest.

"Swear an oath to me, Jiang." I'm not certain about this but I'm determined. 

"Swear that if you catch my heart beating, do not think twice..."

"...clutch my heart out from its cage and take that fragment of yours."

Before I began lashing out with vengeance and bloodlust.

---

iheartyou