Chapter 12 - Madison | Scheme

"The snake stood up for evil in the Garden."     
- Robert Frost

"      - Robert Frost

****

Harry Styles is clearly showing psychopathic serial killer signs. And I stand by that.

I mean, sure, I stabbed him, which some people would consider psychopathic too, but he left me no choice. My intention wasn't to kill him, it was just to get him to step away from that fucking wall.

Unfortunately for me, that's exactly what he didn't do. I hadn't calculated it that way, he wasn't at all like the people I usually meet.

The motherfucker pulled the bloody knife out of his arm without batting an eyelash, which seriously sent a thrilling shiver down my spine. And I hated how his deranged behavior excited me.

What the fuck is wrong with me lately?

Maybe I should have stabbed Harry in the chest instead of just his upper arm. At least then I would have gotten rid of him now.

And I always thought I would learn from mistakes... apparently not, because if that were the case I would have known that he was not someone I should underestimate.

At least I knew that now. Even though it's already too late to change what's happened... After all, I'm sitting in the backseat of his dirty car on the way back to Los Angeles.

"Stop kicking my seat. What are you, eight years old?" growled Styles with a scowl in the rearview mirror.

My childish behavior wasn't getting me anywhere, I knew that, but I had way too much fun to piss him off.

"Then let me out and I won't bug you anymore. I'll find my way around here." I replied just as annoyed. Of course, I knew he would never let me go.

After only a few meters he had already stopped and strapped me in with all the available seat belts that could be found on the back seat, so that I wouldn't disturb him while driving. At least he had not yet taped my mouth shut.

"Do you seriously think I'd let you go that easily?" he asked an amused expression crossing his face while our eyes were meeting in the mirror. "Because then you'd be even dumber than I thought."

"Fuck you." I kicked his seat hard. His fucking ghost of a smile returned before looking back at the road ahead, clearly unaffected by what I was doing which is why I stopped shortly after.

I had to conserve my strength.

We spent the next hour in silence and I grumbled angrily to myself, my situation still incomprehensible to me. It just didn't go in my head that it was a man who caught me. I really couldn't believe it.