Chapter 15 - Harry | Taste*

"Once you taste the sweet honey, you want more of that."
- Garbine Muguruza

"- Garbine Muguruza

****

After turning off the light on my side of the bed, I fell asleep surprisingly quickly. My body could finally rest again and catch up on all the sleep I didn't get the days before.

I'm just glad that I didn't pass out randomly somewhere in the room, but was lying in bed when it happened. And as usual I slept through the whole night and part of the next day.

When I opened my eyes again and blinked against the sudden brightness, I noticed how Madison was already watching me critically.

"I thought you might have died," was the first thing she said as I sat up straight in bed.

"I'm sure you would have liked that," I replied, my voice deeper and raspier than usual due to the fact that I had just woken up.

"Actually, I would have, but then I would have had to find a solution to the handcuff problem, and that would have been unnecessarily complicated." she shrugged.

"I see." I mumbled as I tried to get an overview of the current situation. Right after getting up I'm usually not good for anything except when it comes to important things.

My gaze swept through the room and I noticed the many pillows that lay spread out on the floor. A trail led to Madison's bag and she shifted nervously next to me as she realized where my gaze was leading.

"Did you try to get the bag?" I asked her directly, my expression darkening.

"No." she lied, but I gave her a warning look because I knew she did anyway.

"I just kind of wanted to keep myself busy, do you know how incredibly long you slept?" she admitted after all, and I gritted my teeth.

I got out of bed without a second thought and walked over to the bag to check if anything was missing. When I searched it, I found that nothing was missing, neither the phone nor her knife.

"Get ready, we leave in 15 minutes," I instructed her harshly as I stood up again.

"Then uncuff me, I've had to go to the bathroom for hours." Madison exclaimed and I shrugged my shoulders unconcerned.

"Not my problem, I'll take care of the wound you gave me first." I just left her sitting there and went into the bathroom.

I had stitched the fresh wound right before I went to sleep last night. The bandage had soaked up blood overnight. I cleaned the wound and changed the bandage to a new one to avoid infection. After I had finished, I washed my hands and went back into the bedroom.