Chapter 6 ✶ Why didn't you?

"Don't you run and hide,
from the truth that you desire.
Everything that lives is born to waste."

Song of the chapter:
WASTE by Kxllswxtch

Song of the chapter:WASTE by Kxllswxtch

Sam is dead. 

My father has his hand wrapped around Iris's neck, and he slammed her against the wall so fucking hard I myself could almost feel the sting against my own skull just from watching it.

It's as though time has completely stripped itself from this moment, and we're all just standing here with no perception of reality.

"What did you do!" My father's voice scraping against his throat in a loud scream drags me back to the reality that's in front of me.

I instinctually take a couple steps towards my dad. I hold my arm out as a sign for Ace to stand fucking still, and not do something stupid trying to impress a pretty girl.

Iris's eyes began to water from the pressure I'm sure she's feeling in her head right now as she tries struggling out of his hold.

"You're fucking useless to this club! You were supposed to save him!" The muscles in his arm flex, indicating that he's applying more pressure to her neck.

"Harry do something!" Ace says just loud enough for me to hear.

Scratching at his arms, gasping for air, her face starts turning red and the veins in her forehead start to protrude with her lack of oxygen.

"Uh, Victor." Wayne speaks up from behind me.

"You just let him die!" He's still not releasing his grip on her, refusing to even let her answer.

Now time seems to return, slowing everyone's movements around me but Iris's as her green eyes land on mine. Panic blooms on her distressed face yet she's not trying to silently plead with me. She's just looking at me, I mean really looking at me. 

I can't even hear what my dad is saying anymore, it's as though she's put me in a fucking trance were only the green of her eyes exist.

The fact that he hasn't released her by now tells me that he's fully planning on killing her, his grief getting the better of him.

I feel Ace hit my shoulder in a quiet request for me to help her. I choose to ignore him.

Everyone in this room knows better than to intervene when my dad gets like this, including me.

Once again, I'll have to clean up this mess. Even though I told him I wasn't, I will. I'll have to bury her body, I'll have to deal with the repercussions of this, not him.

I bite down on my own molars, watching her eye lids beginning to look like they're getting too heavy for her to keep open. Her hands slip from his wrists down to her side like her body is going limp.