1. What does it mean?

Alexandria POV

Family.....

People say it means a safe place, some say it's about sharing love and care, some say it's about valuing relations and culture. Some say it's about supporting each other no matter what situation.

Some think it's the people who make you feel happy and loved. For some it might the support with which they fight off their demons. Allessa, my twinny, she believes that family are the people you can confide with.

She says its a bond of trust. Everyone probably has their own definition of family. I don't even think there is a definition for it. It's all about belief and perception.

But me, I believe that family is a gem, that is to be protected at all times.

"Hey, are you even listening to what I said" said or rather screamed a really annoying voice.

Right now at 3 in morning with a glass of whiskey in my hand I am standing at one of the biggest skyscrapers in Texas in my office facing the dark road outside.

I turned around to face my people sitting in the conference room. The guy who just spoke, his Evan my second in command.

"Yes I did and my decision in final. I will go to New York with some of the people and eradicate those rats. They are gonna regret ever touching those kids." I spoke with so much venom in my voice that all 4 of them flinched.

"I am not doubting your decision Alex but I have to say that The Serpents, they have an alliance with the American mafia an you stepping in their city, killing the gang they have worked with for years would be counted as an act of disrespect towards their capo.

We can negotiate with the mafia and then the capo can do what he deems fit." Now that wise man was Julian. He is 35 and is my advisor and also the person who trained me. He is like the only father figure I have got.

"He is right boss. I am not telling you to just let it slide. Serpents have been into child trafficking even after the Americans banned doing all that shit decades ago. But messing with a mafia don will not only create problems with the Americans but also with the alliance we are proposing with the Spanish mafia. They are like families."

Now that, who sounded just like Julian was Catherine, probably the best snipper I have got. She is Julian's daughter, not real but he adopted her and trained her to be the best. She is 17.

I looked over Matt who is the best combat fighter and also traines the newbies in our gang. He was just looking at me which meant he was okay with whatever decision I make and by the looks of it, so was Evan.

"Well, you are right. We don't want any trouble with any mafia don which is why we will just kill the leader and his men who follow his direct orders. We will leave the proof of Serpents going against the decision of the mafia boss which was made like 70 years ago. Also you know that capo of the Spanish mafia owes me his life, he won't back off from the alliance."

Cat wanted to say something here but I raised my hand effectly stopping her.

"And yes I am aware that they won't do anything to risk their alliance with Americans that has been going on for 3 generations to work with us. Which is why I am saying that we won't go near the Americans. Just kill the leaders and come back." I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

Everyone was silent contemplating what to say. Julian looked like he wasn't a fan of the idea. Whenever I personally go on a mission, he gets into this over protective father mode where he stops thinking like my advisor which I need more.

I always tell him that I don't like it but secretly...i love it. Makes me feel like I do have a father too.

Releasing a heavy sigh, I rubbed my eyes tiredly and said," Let's talk more tomorrow its already late and princess will kill me if she finds out that I was out for so long."

That earned a few chuckles and all of us left the building together. I got into the car and started driving towards our house. It's not exactly home cause it's our step father's house who is away most time. With money I make,we could afford a mansion but that wouldn't be possible cause we are legally underage and we don't want our step father to find out about all shit I do. He would just want more money from me and I can't put Allessa in harms way.

Within a few more minutes I reached my destination. Parking the car I got out and walked to the door. But before I could put the key in, the door opened revealing my twinny wrapped in a blanket looking like a burrito. I was about to make a joke about how she looked but then I saw the glare she directed towards me that made me shut it immediately.

"Young lady, do you know what time is? I was worried sick. I know you told me to not wait for you and not to worry but what am I supposed to do when you don't answer my calls. Its 3 in the morning Alex, you could be lying dead in corner of some street for all I know."

I couldn't help but scoff at her last statement. Ain't no bitch be able to touch me.

However the look that she gave me told be that it was not a good time to be my arrogant self. So I simply did one thing. I hugged her tightly and craddled her to my chest. Well, she is 5'8 and I am 5'11 so you know what I mean.

"I am sorry princess it was all my fault. My phone went out of battery and I know I should have charged it and informed you but there were meeting and it just slipped my mind. I really never wanted you to worry."

I slightly pushed her away and cupped her cheeks, "I gave you my word princess, I will always come back to you no matter what. If me not coming back worries you, then don't. I am always on my word you know it right."

All the trauma our birth giver gave us made her very anxious about my well being and my line of work is not helping with her stress. But what can we do, it's life. You suck it up and keep going.

"Fine, I will let you in this one time but god save you if you do something like this again. Also we have school tomorrow and I know you will skip but you will have to drop me so you aren't allowed to sleep in."

Whatever, I will just sleep after dropping her.

"Ok ok, whatever you say, now let me go and change so we can sleep."

That's my favorite part in all 24 hours of th day. Cuddling with my twinny.

______________

Hello lovelies, I hope you all liked the first chapter.

Lots of love
~D <33
______________

Dt: 24/01/22
Day: Monday

See u next Monday

_________________