dinner

I walked over to where Cordelia was standing in the doorway. She reached out her hand and took mine in her own, causing a shiver to run down my spine, like someone had dropped ice down the back of my shirt. I can't remember the last time someone held my hand. It was probably when I was a little kid.

  We made our way down the stairs and into the dining room where the other girls where already sitting. There was a blonde girl, a girl with dark hair, and a girl with brown hair and another wearing a black hat. "Take a seat anywhere, sweetie," Cordelia leant down and whispered to me and placed her hand on the small of my back. I pulled a chair out neat to the girl with long brown hair.

"Hi, I'm Zoe," she introduced herself. "Hi," I smiled nervously. I always get nervous meeting new people, especially when I have to live with them indefinitely. "You don't have to be nervous," the girl wearing the hat said from the other side of the table. She was staring at me, making me even more nervous.

  "Excuse me?" I asked. "The bitch is clairvoyant," the blonde rolled her eyes. "Maddison!" Cordelia exclaimed. She stood up from her seat. "Girls," she addressed. "As I'm sure you have all noticed, there is a new student that has joined us," she grinned at me. "Her name is Ophelia, and she will be staying here at the academy with us. I would appreciate it if you would get to know her and make her feel welcomed and included," she sat back down at her seat at the head of the table and placed her hand over mine, which was resting on the table and gave it a light squeeze. I smiled at her and placed my hands in my lap, feeling awkward with everyone's eyes on me.

  The same man who brought my bags to my room came in with trays of food. He set plates in front of everyone, and they started eating. It was lasagne with salad. I ate my salad and picked at the lasagne. "Are you not very hungry, sweetheart?" Cordelia asked with a concerned expression as she eyed the food that was left on my plate after everyone else had finished eating.

  "Uh, no miss Cordelia," I mumbled. Kind of dying inside because of all the pet names she'd been calling me. She just nodded and continued her conversation with one of the girls, whose name was Queenie, as I had learned when I was listening in to their conversations. I watched Cordelia carefully, wondering why she would be so nice to me when she had only met me a couple of hours ago, and she obviously would have read my file, which I thought would make anyone not want to be nice to me. She's probably a Virgo, I thought to myself.

  "Yes, she's a Virgo," the girl across the table said. I gave her a quizzical look.

A/n sorry for the short chapter, so here's one of my favourite picture of Sarah 😃