just go with it

I was walking up the stairs to my room after dinner when I heard someone call out my name. "Ophelia!" I turned around, seeing Zoe standing at the bottom of the stairs. "Are you not coming to the living room to join us for movie night?" She asked.

"I didn't know it was movie night," I smiled at her. "Yeah, it is," she said as she ran up the stairs and grabbed my hand and lead me back down the stairs and to the living room. I really don't want to socialise right now. I just want to sleep. "I- uh, can I run up to my room quickly and change into something a bit more comfortable?" I asked. "Of course!" Zoe answered and I shot her a quick smile before turning around and hurrying out of the room, almost bumping into Cordelia. "Oop," she giggled as she side stepped to avoid the incoming collision. "Where are you going?" She asked and reached out, holding onto my upper arm. "I'm just gonna go get into some more comfortable clothes," I responded. "Oh, okay sweetheart," she rubbed her hand on my arm before withdrawing it and smiling at me.

I exited the room, jogging up the stairs and making my way down the hall and into my room. I shut the door behind me and walked over to my dresser, pulling out a pair of sweat pants and a hoodie. I got changed and then flopped down on my bed, taking my AirPods and phone from my nightstand and putting on some music.

About four songs later, I saw the door open out of the corner of my eye. I quickly sat up, taking my AirPods out and turning to face the door. "Sorry honey, I knocked, but you mustn't have heard," Cordelia stood at the door way. "Oh- uh I was listening to music, sorry," I apologised, setting my phone down beside me on the bed. "That's alright sweetie, no need to apologise," she smiled and stepped further in the room and sat next to me on the bed.

"Whatcha listening to?" She asked and looked over at my phone which still had Spotify open. "Fleetwood Mac," I replied. "Oh, I love them, you have good taste, my darling," she smiled at me again and reached forward to tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear. She was a solid few inches taller than me, so I had to look up the slightest bit to look at her face. I admired her sharp jawline and beautiful big brown eyes before looking away, realising that I had been staring. "Are you going to join us for the movie downstairs?" She asked. "We're watching 'Just go With it,' with Jennifer Aniston," she informed me. "Have you seen that before?" I nodded in response. "I've seen like every one of her movies," I giggled. "Ahh, big fan of hers, I see," she chuckled. "I must say i too very much enjoy her acting, she is very talented," she said. "Do you want to come down?" She stood up from the bed, reaching her hand out for me to take, looking at me expectantly. I nodded and placed my hand against hers.

✩✩✩
I sat on the couch, snuggled against some cushions that were resting against the arm of the couch. Cordelia was sat next to me, legs folded underneath her and a blanket over her lap. I was kind of zoned out, not paying attention to the movie or anything around me. I glanced over at the ethereal blonde sat next to me, the light from the tv illuminating her face and hair. My eyes fell back to the tv, and I tried to keep them open, but I found myself unable to. I was drifting off to sleep when I felt someone gently place a blanket over me and brushing the hair away from my face. I made a soft whining noise as they broke contact with my skin, and then shifting my shoulders slightly to get more comfortable. I soon fell asleep.
✩✩✩

I jolted awake when I felt a light shining on me. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, groaning as I  tried to spot the offending item. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up," I heard Cordelia's soft voice apologise. "I was just checking on you," she said. "I'm fine," I responded, my voice raspy with sleep. She sat down next to me and I pulled my phone out of my pocket, squinting as the brightness of the screen hit my face. 3:27, it read. I smiled at Cordelia, placing my phone down in my lap. "How are you really, sweetheart," she asked and put her hand on my knee. "I-I'm okay," I stuttered. She rubbed her thumb up and down on my knee, leaving a trail of comfort with every brush of her skin on my knee. I looked down at her hand.
"I was reading your file earlier, and it looks like you've been through a lot," she said.

✧flashback✧
"Ophelia, you're not wearing that, you look like a freaking prostitute, get changed now!" My mother yelled at me as I walked past the living room, trying to sneak out undetected. I sighed as I turned around to go back to my room. "You're just asking to get raped with an outfit like that," she muttered. I ran up the stairs to my room and pulled the dress over my head and walked into the bathroom, turning the shower on stripping from my underwear, stepping under the scalding water and sitting down on the floor, knees to my chest and sobbing. I watched the steaming water run down my skin, leaving bright red patched on my skin. I reached my hand up and turned the hot up even more, until it was so hot that it was like I couldn't even feel it anymore.
✧end of flashback✧

I just mumbled something incoherent in response. "I just want you to know that I'm always here if you need someone to talk to, or just want a hug. Day or night, any day of the week, my door is open, okay?" She brought her hand up to my chin and I nodded, looking up to her brown eyes that were so full of concern.

A/n: I haven't been updating or editing lately, sorry for the lacking lol but I've been working on my other books, so make sure to check them out iff you haven't already :)
I hope you all have a good night/day and remember you are loved ❤️