Chapter 2 - Rude Interactions

"Mei, what a pleasant surprise" the biology teacher, Mr. Molina says when he sees her as she and Abby made their way into the class. 

"Hi Mr. Molina, I brought you a new student" Mei explains, "she's new here, Abby Jones" she adds.

"Welcome Abigail–"

"She prefers Abby" Mei interjects for her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Welcome Abby" Mr. Molina corrects himself, "let me just get your stuff" he said, opening the bottom drawer of his desk.

"Girl, this is where I leave you" Mei whispers to her newfound friend, "I'm not in Biology II, thank God!" she exclaims in relief, clasping her hands together as if saying a thankful prayer as Abby laughs internally at this, considering how closely they stood next to Mr. Molina's desk.

"Bye Mr. Molina! See you later Abby!" Mei says before leaving to attend her next class.

"I'll just take that" he says, taking her pass, "Here you go Abby" Mr. Molina says, handing her the textbook. "Do you think that you can catch up with the rest of the class?" he asks, referring to how she's started in the middle of the semester.

"I think I can manage" Abby says with a nod.

"Okay" Mr. Molina says with a nod, "if you feel like you're stuck somewhere then just tell me, okay?"

"Yes sir."

"Great, you can grab a seat next to Mr. Cullen over there" he says as Abby's eyes finally landed on the Cullen male who looked like he was really uncomfortable when she sat next to him.

He flinches before covering his nose as if Abby smells foul to him. She tries not to let this get to her, wondering why he's acting so cruel to her and she can't wondering if maybe he was racist.

She turns to face him a little and the way he looks at her makes her want the ground to open up right then and there and just swallow her whole.

She's never seen anyone look at her with such hatred before. His eyes even appeared black. Abby sighs heavily at this before she quickly looked away.

The last thing she wants to deal with right now is some racist prick taking issue to the fact that she's sitting beside him and seeing as she's new she doesn't want to have to go to Mr. Molina and ask him to reassign her to someplace else.

She doesn't like bothering people for things.

Edward Cullen was even more beautiful up close but that beauty was washed away by his cold reaction to her.

She's not expecting them to be best friends but the least he could do is not be such an asshole.

She uses her hair to shield her face from him as she faced Mr. Molina when it seemed like he was about to start the lecture.

"Okay everyone" Mr. Molina says as they all grab their seats, "we have ourselves a brand new student, Abby Jones" he says, gesturing to her as she stiffens a little at this.

She hates having to make introductions and seeing as she's had classes with some of these people she doesn't like that she has to tell them about herself yet again.

"Welcome to you and please tell us a bit about yourself" he says.

Abby's heart starts racing in her chest at this as Edward tensed in his seat but Abby was too nervous dealing with her anxiety to notice.