Chapter 4 - The Accident

Abby had planned to confront Edward Cullen when she saw him again. 

She was going to take Tia's advice and take the high road and apologize to him for offending him if that's what his problem with her was.

She had even rehearsed what she was going to say to him. 

She had everything down on lock but he didn't arrive on the following day. And the day after that.

His siblings did but never him.

Sometimes she'd find herself throwing a glance at their table as if he'd magically pop up but he never did.

A whole week passed and in all that time she wondered if maybe he wasn't coming anymore because of her but that would be ridiculous.

Whenever she got those thoughts she'd chastise herself for being self-centered and thinking that things revolve around her.

She and Tia had a chance to make it up to Charlie Swan for being so standoffish and cold the last time he came by once again inviting him to join their family for dinner and Abby liked seeing him with her aunt.

He was clearly an awkward man but he tried not to be for Viv's sake and Abby thought that was cute of him.

He even told them about how he had a daughter who was Abby's age and how she lived with her mother and step-father in Arizona, which Tia said was an awesome coincidence since that's where they lived before.

"Forks weather is terrible for my hair" Tia complained, pulling out her umbrella when she and Abby climbed out of the pickup truck that Viv bought for them from one of Charlie's friends on the Quileute reservation, Billy Black.

"Oh no, poor baby" Abby teases her sister, pulling on her own hat and shielding her head with her own umbrella.

"Bite me, Abby" Tia sneers out to her sister, but not harshly as Abby snorts at this when they made their way to the school building where Mei was already waiting for Abby while Tia went over to her own friends.

"Rumour has it that L'Oreal is back" Mei informs Abby when they headed toward Biology even though they didn't share the class. "If you want I can confront him for you–"

"No" Abby says despite having been a little surprised to hear what Mei said. "He's not worth it" she says, offering Mei a small smile at this, "I've realised that if Edward Cullen has a problem with me then that's his own problem" she adds, "besides, fighting one sided wars must be pretty boring" she remarked as Mei nods at this with a smile.

"And that's why you're the better woman than I, my fair lady" Mei says as Abby snorts at her friend's craziness. "See ya!" she added with a wave bye when she dropped Abby off at the Biology class and made her way to her class.

As expected Edward Cullen sat at the table he shared with Abby and she exhaled deeply as if to prepare herself only to be cut off by Mike making his way toward her.

"Abby" he calls out for her as she turned to face him, "hey" he greets her.

"Hi Mike" she replied.

"You – uh – You look really pretty today" he adds, "not to say that you don't look pretty on other days" he quickly amended.

"No harm, no foul" she assures him with an awkward pat on the back before making her way to her desk as Mike internally kicks himself for being so awkward and weird as he went to his spot.

She sinks into her seat and started pulling out her books as she stared ahead of her, ready to ignore the boy seated beside her.

"Hello" a soft, smooth voice says, making Abby slowly and comically turn her head to face the source of the greeting.