Chapter 2

~~~Alice POV~~~

It's 6 am and we're getting ready to open up the shop, I stepped out of the locker room and headed to the counter where we are all having our morning meetings at. Through the blinds, you can see the queue that's slowly getting longer.

' Lord the queue is something I can never get used to.' I thought to myself as I tied my hair into a bun.

"Hey Alice, it's been a while."- Noah said, coming up to me and giving me a side hug.

"Hey there bud, how's school been?"I asked, returning the hug with a squeeze before letting go.

"School sucks, Projects after projects and the professor keeps being the one who decides our team for the projects."- Talia commented as she slumps in her chair to exaggerate her point, making all of us laugh.

"Yea, and let's not start with the stupid activities the school is making us do."- Thomas grunted as he swung his arms around me.

These 3 here are our employees, Noah who has been working with us for 3 years now while Talia and Thomas are mutual friends of Noah, started working here 2 years ago.

" Well, at least thanks to your university, I don't have to handle you hyper-asses all the time."- I joked, causing all of us to laugh.

Mark and Keith then walked in and stood in front of us, causing all of us to stop and listen to what they had to say.

"Well guys, it's a new day, hope you guys are ready as you all know our famous barista is back and our customers have caught wind of this information. 

That's why the morning crowd's queue is longer than usual."- Mark announced causing the trio to smack me jokingly.

" Now then, As usual, Thomas and Thalia will be handling the customer's orders, Noah is on pastries along with me, and Mark will be handling the counter while Alice is on barista duty. Any questions?"- Keith asked

"No sir"- we answered while saluting him as though we were in the army which made all of us laugh.

"Alright then, It's currently 6.30 am, time to open the cafe"- Mark said as he turned the 'close' sign to 'open'. while we all went to our stations, ready to work.

As soon as he flipped the sign, customers came flooding in like a tsunami. Orders came piling in as we all got to work. 

Beverages after beverages and pastries after pastries have been sent out to hungry and coffee-deprived customers, and satisfied customers left the cafe with a smile glued to their faces.

I even got a bunch of greetings from regular customers, asking how my break was, how was japan, and If anything interesting happened while I was there.

It was fun getting to make coffee and latte arts for people who enjoy them. It's even more interesting when new customers come and try the coffee, the way their face changes upon trying the coffee I made, makes it worth all the troublesome preparations needed.

As the rush hour slowly dies down, I realized I don't have enough coffee beans ready. I looked around and spotted Noah to the left of me, I tapped his shoulder and got his attention.

"Hey, mind taking over my station for a bit? I need to get more coffee beans from the storeroom."- I asked, my thumb gesturing to the door that leads to the kitchen area.

"Oh, no problem. Do you want me to go instead? It's kinda heavy after all."- Noah asked, looking worried

"Nah, don't worry about it. I'll be able to carry it over."- I reassured him, patting his shoulder

He sighs, slumping his shoulder, "If ya say so, go ahead. I'll cover the coffee station for ya"- He says, patting my hand that's resting on his shoulder.

We exchanged a smile before I head to the back to retrieve a bag of coffee beans. To be fair, his worries are justified seeing as how the coffee bean bags are pretty heavy, whenever we need to open a new coffee bean bag, we'll need to carry it from the storeroom to the kitchen area for easy access.

But thankfully, Vampire= Enhanced Strength. Stronger than humans but not too strong to the point I can kill people just by poking them. So I didn't need to help, plus I needed to get a special kind of flavour cube anyways... Let me explain

This special 'flavour' cube helps with vampires' thirst for blood. It's basically human blood, enough to fill us so that we don't go on an attacking rampage. 

Most vampires come to our shop to get either buy an entire bag of flavour cubes or have it added to their coffee so that they can head to work or enjoy it in the open. How did we obtain this kind of flavour cube?

From vampires who work in hospitals, don't worry we don't steal blood supplies, one of the directors has a contract with us, with cash payment and stuff.

Once I reached the storeroom, I walked toward the coffee beans stock and picked up 2 large stacks before taking 1 medium size box filled with the flavoured cubes.

As I was heading out of the storeroom, I heard shouting coming from the back of the shop.

I put down the items and made my way to the back. I slowly pushed open the door to not get caught eavesdropping, my eyes widen as I heard a familiar voice grunt.

That voice

That smell of blood

I opened the door all the way, to see 4 guys. 2 holding 1 guy up by supporting each arm while the last guy delivered blows to his abdomen repeatedly. 

I quickly made my way to them and caught the guy's fist before he could deliver another blow to him, giving it a painful squeeze as I glared at him.

"What on earth are you doing to this guy here? Put him down Instantly!" - I shouted, startling the 2 guys as they quickly let go of the guys they were holding up

"The fuck's your deal? Look Gorgeous, My boys can play and please you later so just go back into your little shop and we'll come to find you later."- the fucker says as he tries to pull back his fist from my grip.

I pulled his fist towards me, causing him to lose balance, using that momentum I swung him over my shoulder, he grunts in pain as he lands hard on the ground.

His goons, surprised but decided to come at me at the same time, causing them to let go of him.

I looked at them with a blank look before dodging all of them, I grabbed the last guy and threw him hard at his friends. They catch their friend, causing them to crash on top of their boss.

The back door suddenly opened for the 2nd time and I saw Noah peeking his head out of the door, looking at the situation before his eyes landed on me.

"There ya are! I already called the police, they're arriving in a minute and I already carried the bags of coffee beans to the front."- Noah happily told me

I gave him a smile before speaking " Thanks Noah, Do ya mind helping me get this guy to the staff room? I'll wait for the police to arrive and give them an explanation."

He nodded before opening the door and making his way over to him and dragging him into the coffee shop before closing the backdoor.

I looked back at the group as a sinister grin made its way onto my face.

"Now then, I have one minute to fuck you guys up more so let's make this quick shall we~?"