Prologue

~~~~ 1st POV~~~~
"Lucas!" I screamed as his body came into contact with the floor. Swiftly, I plunged my dagger into the attacker in the neck, I ran towards Lucas as I put my hands over his wound, applying pressure, his blood instantly coating my palm.

"S-shit, that hurts...Love...Leave me here, I won't be able to make it..." Lucas coughed out, his hands barely made it on top of mine.

"No way in hell are you dying on me now Lucas. Come on, t-this is just another normal wound, right? Y-You'll heal right?" I asked holding back my tears

"N-Not this t-time love. T-They shot me with pure silver, I-I may be a pure-blooded vampire but I-I can't survive a critical shot to the chest..." He told me, I feel his hands leaving mine as he tried to reach for my face. I lifted one of my hands, grabbed his hand, and slowly guide it to my tear-stained face

"C-Come on Lucas, don't die on me now. W-we are supposed to get through this together remember? We're gonna live life to the fullest, have little Lucas running around the place, piling on top of you to wake you up, have a zoo in our backyard cause of the different animals we have kept. Y-You can't leave me now...Please Lucas..Please...Please...No Lucas...."- I cried out choking on my words. kissing his hands, trying to make them feel warm again

"S-Sorry love, I-I really wanted to spend the whole of our immortal life together, but I slowly losing everything...I-I can't feel my limbs anymore, I'm losing my hearing, I'm guessing my sight will be next before my voice than my heart...B-but before I lose my sight, I want to lose it with you smiling face as the last thing I see...P-Please?" He requested looking at me.

I wanted to retaliate, saying he will survive but his eyes were slowly clouding, his breath slowing down and hands slipping from loss of grip. Swallowing the cries I want to let out, I quickly wiped away my remaining tears, taking a deep breath before giving him the best smile I can muster.

"I love you, Lucas. I'll wait for your return, forever and always. Thank you for the times we had together, I don't and never regret whatever choice I had made to be with you." I said as tears slid down my smiling face.

His mouth twitches into a small smile of his own, his voice is almost too low." Ah, There's the smile I fell in love with. I'll be back love, I promise you. We'll be together again, be it, human or vampire. I'll love you with all my heart." My love breathes out, his eyes closed, heart steadily stops as his hand grew cold.

I held his hands tighter as I wailed, I cradled his head closer to me as I cried my heart out. All the memorable days flooded back to me as though telling me this is what I've lost. 

~

When we first met, it was the dumbest way possible to meet someone.
~

As I walked around the lake, a hand gripped my shoulder. Instincts kicked in as I threw the person over my shoulder, with the person landing on his back.

"Ouf!"

I looked at the person properly, only to see a guy who works at the same cafe as me.

"Oh lord, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I asked as I extended my hand to pull him up

"It's okay, It's my fault for scaring you." He said as he allowed me to pull him up.

"As an apology though, I would like to know your name. I'm Lucas" he flirted with his hand still holding mine.

I playfully rolled my eyes as I replied to him "I'm Alice"

~

The day I found out he was a vampire was the day I knew he was broken one too many times
~