31. Jᴀɪᴅᴇɴ Jᴏɴᴇs

❝To live in the body of a survivor is to never be able to leave the scene of crime

❝To live in the body of a survivor is to never be able to leave the scene of crime. I cannot ignore the fact that I live here.❞

------------------------

The lights flashed from the front as he covered his eyes with both hands to hide them from exposure. He breathed heavily as he took the hands down slowly. His eyes blinked rapidly as they came in contact with the light again and got adjusted to the brightness that held around them.

His brown orbs moved in the surrounding. People were silent but their eyes were on him. Their attention was on him. It didn't scare him. Nothing scared him anymore. He had been exposed to the worst after all.

The play started with his monologue and got huge applause. It was his introduction to the stage and he impressed every single person present in the auditorium. He played the young Jaiden in the play. Jaiden Jones whose whole life was a misery.

He was deceived and tortured by his people. He went crazy, he was called by names. He was mistreated by people because they failed to understand his pain.

All he ever wanted was to feel loved and cared but all he got was hatred from everyone. People compared him with his father no matter what he did, without realising their journeys were different.

One got everything he asked for while the other didn't get even the smallest thing he craved for. One was grown in a secure environment while the other was left alone to be killed.

They didn't know their stories yet they assumed everything. "Was it right?" He asked while blankly looking at the audience. No one spoke anything.

He sighed a little and continued further. Jaiden, why did he always feel closer and connected with him?

Maybe his flaws made Dev connect with him on deeper emotional levels. He had his fears, he had his scars, he had his setbacks. He fought his fights in unacceptable ways, he killed people for his purpose. He wasn't an ideal perfect hero people would want and like to see. He was more of an antihero.