4

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐭

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐭."

Peter Parker x Male reader

(light nsfw warning.)

CHAPTER FOUR :

Peter is ringing the doorbell of a luxury home while you stand right next to him. You take care to readjust your leather jacket to look more presentable. The boy next to you turns to look at you.

"Are you stressed?" He questions, to which you answer with a reassuring smile.

"Not really. But thanks for asking."

He nods, and your attention shifts to the door once again when it opens to reveal an older man with a pair of glasses. He gives you both a curious look, and you were planning to introduce yourself when Peter talks before you :

"Dr. Connors, uh... You don't remember me. I..."

"You're the intern from the other day." You give Peter a side look he doesn't return, a smile forming on his face when he understands that the man didn't forget him.

"Yeah, yeah. That's right, yeah." The end of his sentence comes out in a whisper, and you like the tone of it.

The way Peter talks was always soothing to you.

"I'm sure you're a very nice young man, but this is a home." His hand reaches for the handle to close the door. "I ask you to make an appointment at my office."

Dr.Connors turns around, he is about to close the door when the brown-haired man says :

"I'm Richard Parker's son." The words seem to make the scientist stop in his track, and you fully understand why.

"Peter?"

It happened a week later after the web fluid accident, when you spent most of your time with Peter again, trying to figure out how to control your new abilities. It was a long process, but it paid off. He also explained what happened with his parents when you came across an old bag while helping him clean his room, under aunt May's orders.

His dad worked with Dr.Connors on research that Peter didn't explain to you more than necessary.

Your bubble of thoughts bursts when Peter's hand lands on your shoulder, making you turn your head to him, blinking out of your trance.

"You okay?"

"Yeah yeah." Your breath lands on his cheeks.

It gives you a weird feeling in the back of your throat when your eyes are on Dr. Connors. The man offers you a polite smile, but you're way too focused on his face to return it. After a while, you decide to follow the two into the house despite your instinct telling you to leave.