[Ch2: Return]

In vast expanse of infinite space a shocking phenomenon occurred.

Plants withdrew into the earths as planets regressed.

Various 'Effects' reversed as their 'Causes' have yet to occur.

Great and astronomical changes occurred in the cosmos, yet few noticed.

Time flowed backwards on a grand universal scale, alerting many powerful entities. These great entities were few in between and hardly ever met. And tet, above a small insignificant looking geoid, the presence of many such entities could be felt, as they calmly observed.

The reverse-rotation of Geoid Earth slowed down as the great mass of Manna in the cosmic environment gradually settled, and a bit of it concentrated towards a city on the small planet.

In an average looking apartment in the city, the Manna density rose ever so slightly and concentrated  into the body of a young man in one of the apartment bedrooms.

Light shone through every possible opening in his body and the room glowed with a myriad of colours. This unnoticed phenomenon lasted for a few seconds before it calmed down and sent a silent, barely noticeable shock wave that spread throughout the city and the entire planet, causing the initially reversing individual's to stop abruptly and resume motion normally according to the proper time flow.

The regular people –Regulars or Awakeners alike– noticed nothing and continued their lives as usual.

Those fighting delved deeper into their heater activity. Those walking walked peacefully. Those driving, flying and doing what so ever continued like every other day.

****

The sun was high in the sky above the bustling Phoenix City. Smart Connected Cars speed across the streets in organized platoons silently hovering a feet above the ground. Shops long opened lined the streets and pedestrians moved around on the sidewalks in a semi-oderly fashion.

Such order was actually surprising for one of the major cities on [Geoid-Earth], but it was to be expected considering the Peacekeepers flying above the city on magic powered HQ-issued Hovercrafts.

Yes. Flying.

What did you expect in a fantasy story based in a "magic-meets-technology" world?

The tall buildings and Hovercrafts fleeting between painted a scenery of an advanced city boasting technology at its peak. Many buildings were up to a hundred meters at the city center, and their heights reduced gradually as the view moved towards the edges, giving the idea of a gradual slope.

Away from the bustling city center going along with the gradual slope was an average looking apartment building with a total of twenty floors. The fourteenth floor held an average looking two-bedroom apartment.

In the masters bedroom lay a young man who was still asleep at this time sprawled across the scattered bed in an equally scattered manner.

Sheets of paper with various drawings, sketches and unorganized writings lay randomly on the bed. On the reading table was a plethora of books of various kinds. Most were organized by the side of the wide table, but two were opened on the table, along with more sheets of paper similar to the ones on the bed. Next to it was a Limited Edition Compact PC, the only thing that looked properly kept in the entire room.

The image painted was one of a student with a truckload of assignments or an almost due project who stayed long into the night on the table, then got tired and went to finish up on the bed, only to sleep off.

Unfortunately, the young man was far from an ideal student toiling through the night. In fact, he wasn't even a student in the first place. He was—

Nick's eyes snapped open as he sat up on his bed in a flash as if struck by lightening, thereby interrupting the prelude.

*Clatter *Clatter

In his haste to grab his average (yes, we haven't forgotten) alarm clock it fell on the floor, along with a calculator, a pen, and a nice looking smartphone. Ouch.

He young man who looked about sixteen years slowed down a little, but still to fast for a person who just woke up, and picked up the alarm.

Then his eyes widened in surprise, and then he froze.

You'd think it's because he was late or forgot someone's birthday or something. However it was far from it, you could say he was even too early...

What shocked him was the date.

[12:58 PM]
[01-Jan-SY091]

Or to be more specific, the year.

[SY091]

"...."

He stood up, dropped the phone, then walked out of the bedroom and into the bathroom to wash his face quickly.

Then he returned and checked it again.

[01-Jan-SY091]

The heck?!

[SY091]

[SY091]

[SY091]

It seemed to continue ringing in his head. Then he sat back abruptly on the average looking bed.

"I transmigrated" he said in a low voice.

"I f*cking transmigrated!" the teen suddenly jumped of the bed with a broad grin on his face.

"No wait, it's actually time travel..." he said wearing a thoughtful expression. "Not that either. Time travel involves 'future me' coming back. It's more like I saw the future"

He suddenly got into a dilemma.

"That's not correct either. Its more similar to the concept of 'time passing through you' considering I actually lived through everything"

And then more concepts continued to swirl through his head as he got absolutely confused.

"Well who cares! I traveled through dimensions one way or another"

Dispelling his previous deliberations, he rushed to the average floor length mirror close to his dresser– also average.

"Hmm..." he spoke as he examined his face "I should be how many? Sixteen? Yup, this year I'll complete seventeen"

"So I have how many years..." he did a quick calculation in his head. The [Ragnorak Wars] started in "System Year" 120. It was currently Year 091, which gave him about twenty nine years...

No, considering it was January 1st, he had almost exactly thirty years to prepare.

"Well not bad. It should be more than enough time to right some wrongs. I'll definitely change my fate this time" he said with conviction, clenching his fists.

Suddenly realizing something, he called "stats" in enthusiasm.

A semi-transparent pale blue holographic-looking screen appeared in front of him

===————====————===
[Power Level] 2.5
...
===————====————===

Without looking at the rest of the information, he suddenly dropped on the floor as strength left his legs, all the previous excitement going along with it.

"I'm so weak..."

===———====———===
Chapter 2 completed!

AN: The new book will be ready by the next chapter next week. So look forward to it.

[Vote] ¤ [Comment] ¤ [Share]

Thanks.