CHAPTER FIFTEEN - DNA - BROTHERS.

(Jack P.O.V)

I aimlessly dragged myself up the stairs leading to the roof of my apartment, a place where I normally sat and allow my thoughts to engulf me, praying to the gods I somehow fall off to escape this moment.

I reeked of alcohol that I bought at cheap convenience store on my way up drowning myself in it and using the bottle whilst pretending I'm  Damiano David and singing my heart out to ZITTI E BUONI.

It's been two days since the episode of Tar taking me captive and downing me with all the past and horrid chain of events.

A Story is a story I told myself, Life is Life, It sucks at times, Anyone could've made that up I also said. I was indeed in a state of denial and belief at the same time. I demanded in a rage that we do a DNA to clarify if we really are twins and blood related.

Guess I got what I wanted. 

15 minutes prior ......

I stood and watched from my window as the sun began to set in the horizon. Fall was coming around and the air had a slight chill to it, along with the trees turning into their multi-colour facade. 

The tea mug my ex gifted me sat limp on the edge of the table with cold tea I forgot to drink this morning and the morning paper scattered on the coach retiring from its former job as my blanket cause I was too lazy to get my proper one this morning. Sore and Miserable tentatively rubbing my scratched bruises that I have obtained from being held to the ground for so long.

Don't think I need to replay what happened. Than darn bastard Tar Beckham. I have a strong feeling to send in a letter of resignation. But not yet until that DNA test comes back.

I  pulled  my boxers up and reached for my robe which hang on the chai by the dinner table before swinging it over my partially naked body. 

My brained was too fog to comprehend the birds that chirped in the distance and the squirrel that snatched a few nuts from the kitchen counter and flee through the open window.

Hmph, wish I was that feeble and jolly like you, It had me wondering if animals had it easier than us humans. I mean we are actually and technically animals ourselves but our ego says no.

Ping!

My head snapped at the sound coming from my phone indicating a message. Barely dragging myself whilst holding to my back which was soon to snap like a slender twig. 

Clamping the edge of the phone with my toes which laid on the ground and bringing it to my hand, I swiped over the screen unlocking it and reading the message aloud. Like anyone else was there to read it.

Tar Beckham: Check your email I sent the results to you, hope your satisfied now.

Son of a B***h sounding all cocky, high and mighty I see. With a spur of anger I discarded the phone on the nearby couch before settling down around the dinner table flipping my laptop open.

I paused mid typing and took the time to get myself together, my mind raced to two possibilities We could be actual brothers or we could not be related. I didn't know how to feel. As much as the second possibility sounds promising and good I still felt like I wanted the hard acceptive batter which is the first possibility.

Ok maybe the first possibility is not bad, just say we never started off on good terms. Maybe that can change no matter the results. He seem so broken though seems like we...

Shut up Jack we don't know the results yet so lets not get too up on our high horses yet.

I slammed my finger own on the seven year keyboard allowing access to my email which on the top of my inbox was the message that held my fate.

York DNA Council 

With shaking fingers I clicked on the message and scrolled right to the part I wanted to see the most.

Nestled right under a table was the verdict. 

After careful examination and monitored testing it is determined that Tar Beckham and Jack Beckham have high percentage match and are blood brothers/related.

I was speechless part of me was shocked but a bigger part of me saw it coming. I fell back in the chair feeling the tears run down my face. Is this good or bad no its good I guess I can gave someone close to me now I can call a family. 

I was pulled put my thoughts by a knock on the door. Wiping my tears I scampered to the door to answer whomever fast as possible so I could have to rest of time alone.

I opened the door only to be greeted by Tar himself, my brother.

"So do you still think I'm lying now" he said after a starring contest with a span of 5 mins.

Is that the first you say to your brother who's obviously not a good state given the situation.

I pushed him aside and slightly turned looking him in the eye. Say he does look like me well not like I'm just knowing that, just feels different now.

"I'm not in the mood to talk now, I need some time alone I'll be on the rooftop, make yourself at home". I muttered turning and heading towards the stairs.

I never looked back to see how he was or to hear what he said. I think he understands so that should be good. 

Also:

- Follow the Author (me - Hellowrongnumber).

- Like and Comment

- And share the book with other readers that would mean a lot to me.

- Adios!!!!!.