CHAPTER SIXTEEN - WHAT A SMALL WORLD.

(Tar Beckham P.O.V)

I was currently seated in my go to coffee shop not too far from the company sipping on a cup of Mint Tea. Yes, tea you heard me right, before you throw shades hear me out like I don't like coffee it's just not me pretty ironic how I have my ass seated right now in a coffee shop. The only thing that's keeping me from not going crazy by the sight and smell of it, was the surroundings. And they know me so they even make the tea for me. It was so peaceful and tranquil in here the indoor-outdoor feel and design of the little nook of the shop and the fact that they always have a supply if the daily newspaper to read was the best. Most persons take reading the newspaper for granted with the cliche excuse of oh it's boring. You'll don't know how much things you can learn and get from it. It's my next substitute for Google notifications on keeping up with the world. Since the past few years under the bondage and confinement under my grandfather it's all I've read has any source of books except the school related ones. At first, I used to just take out the comic section and read which I think every kid does then discard the rest, or I'd use them and make paper boats, hat, sword any paper toy you could think of. I even had a dress up competition with myself and also saved the comic strips and made a monthly volume of comic books.

Sigh, that was the only fun part everything else was pretty much hell and pain followed by sleepless nights.

Persons who knew of my past often ask after all this bastard has put you through why do you still run the company that he created, without a fuss too.

Say that is indeed an interesting question but for this question I'd rather keep quiet for now. Call me an idiot yes and it's well deserved because I've never been gifted with the brains since day one. But I've felt well more like had this part of me that made me feel like I could handle situations on my own without anyone's help. Back to the time I had my family together I've been dependent on my brother. Now he's not in his best state and I don't want to scare him. It's been years and no one wants to re live that, unless you are insane.

The most I or should I say we can do now is to mend the broken pieces, who knows maybe bring back some good memories and start a fresh with each other.

I smiled at this thought while glancing at my watch counting the seconds and minutes that past by. The last time I texted Jack he said he's stuck in some traffic so he might run a little late and I was ok with that.

The first few nights he'd texted me first with only short messages here and there, evidently avoiding me at work but that all improved over time and persons without us even voicing it came to know that we were brother and even better twins.

I was so immersed in my thought and smiling to myself like I just won the jackpot that I didn't even notice that someone had taken the other seat at the table until the booming sound of their voice.

"I see you find the newspaper more attractive than me; you didn't even care to greet me on arrival or compliment on the dress you asked me to wear".

What?

I looked up only to be greeted by a pair of blue eyes staring deep into my soul. Long groomed nails twirling the ends of her curls. Vigorously chewing on a bubble gum. Who is this girl?

"And you are?" I asked awkwardly bondage or not I've suffered from social anxiety and never really knew how to communicate with people. Says a man you run a company.

"Are you for real Ae we literally have been speaking to each other for the past five months and even sent pictures, and you still don't recognize me, unbelievable".

Ok she must have mistaken me for someone else cause I've never met her ever or ever remember talking to any female in general privately for any prolonged period of time.