Φ~Chapter III~Φ

*Clip-Clop, Clip-Clop, Clip-Clop, Clip-Clop*

The clang of hooves roused you up
from your notably peaceful slumber. You rubbed your eyes and peered outside. You were presumably, in a hamlet. Still, in a haze from just waking up, you admire the tranquil sight outside.

"Sire! We'll reach in roughly 15 minutes!" Bittesmå the chauffeur exclaimed.

Your father was riding his horse, moving ahead, leading the carriage. You'd ask him if you too could ride yours, but he excused that you were not used to travelling long distances riding a horse, and you're grateful you didn't.

"Father! Would Sleipnir be brought here?" you nervously asked. If he were brought with you, he'd be your only friend considering that the princes possibly must have forgotten you, for it had been a while since you last saw them.

"Yes, he'll be in the palace stables within a week's time, I couldn't possibly separate the beast from you, he listens to no one but you. And you treat him as your own child" he jested. You beamed at that.

It's true, you treated him like a child. You found him at the gates of the palace during a thunderstorm, he was a wee foal when you first met him, all drenched and trembling in the rain. You had been coming back from your daily walk in the forest, when the rain trapped you under a lush oak tree.

As you were waiting for the rain to recede, you hear a soft neigh nearby. Your eyes darted out in all directions on search for the producer of that shaky sound. All you were able to see was a black blob due to the excessive rain. Your ears perk up as the sound returns, this time much stronger.

You squint your eyes and roughly make out the body of the small beast.You don't know what came into you, but you ran straight towards it.The poor foal got frightened in your haste. "I won't hurt you, no one will, as long as I'm around" you cooed to the meager filly.

You felt it's beady eyes silently begging for your help and comfort, your heart softened at its state. You took a soft step towards it, then another and another, and soon you were right in front of him.

"It's alright" you softly whispered and gently moved your hand towards it, as if even the smallest movements would frighten the small foal.

But, before you could reach him, he softly moved his head towards your hand and made a purring sound, as if relishing your touch. You gleamed at his positive reaction and delicately rubbed his soft head.

"How did you end up here horsey?! Where's your mummy?" you softly asked. The foal made a soft huffing sound as though trying to answer you. "Well, you can come stay at my home till we find your mother. How does that sound?" You asked. He gingerly licked your hand, and you giggled with happiness at his silly behaviour.

"Let's go, mother must be worried about me. I'm sure mother won't mind you staying with us!" But when he tried to follow you, he slipped and wasn't able walk properly. You searched his legs for a wound, but you couldn't find any, at least physical ones.

"He must be very young for not being able to walk properly", you thought. You tried your best to help bring him to the palace.

It was nightfall, when you reached the palace. Your mother looked pale with worry and your father was holding her on his arms, trying his best to console his troubled wife.

Your father's assistant or as you called him, uncle Jarl, noticed you supporting a little grey foal.

The tall man ran towards you and assisted you on bringing the foal to your parents.

Mother, ran towards you in a hurry and pulled you to her chest and thanked the gods for protecting you in her absence. Your father joined in on the hug. You all stayed like this for about 2 minutes.

Your mother then looked at you with stern eyes and demanded where you had gone. All the excitement had made you forget about getting wet on the wretched rain, and you started shivering.

You look at the foal and ask your mother in a very polite and shy manner " Mother? Can we please keep him here till we find his mummy? " She wrapped a thick blanket around you and looked at your father who was looking at the foal with calculating eyes.

He turned towards her and breathed out a deep breath and waved his hand in the air in a dramatic way.

You giggled at that, and he smiled softly at you. He was quite taller than your 4 feet self, so he knelt before you and asked "Where did you find him my darling".

I found him while coming back from my journey to the dangerous forest!" you exclaimed dramatically. Is that so? He said in a sweet and knowing way. You nodded proudly at that. "He can't find his mummy, so can we please take care of him till then, pappa?" "Alright, but you must take responsibility for him, Okay? You must feed him, take him out, brush his hair and take care of him." "Okay pappa!" you exclaimed in glee and held his gruffly cheeks in your small, porgy palms and kissed his nose. He smiled sweetly at you.

"So, what shall his name be your highness" he announced merrily and bowed at you. "SILLY FAR "You chuckled. "Well... he slips quite a lot," you observed.

"Well, then" he said and cleared his throat "From now until the stars stop shining, the sea dries till up, you shall be called Sleipnir!" he bellowed and softly patted his head.

The horse neighed cheerily at the name and tries to gallop before falling on all fours. Chuckles and giggles fill the air at his silliness. You smile at the sweet memory. Your father was never the same after the untimely demise of your dear sister.

A/n: Sleipnir!

A/n: Sleipnir!

                                 ~Φ~

A/n: I really hope you enjoyed it!
word count : 1040
All the love ❤
Nia~

--------------All rights reserved---------------