Don't worry, I'm a great teacher. [part 1]

Red floods into James' face in an instant. "I think that's all the answer I need." She laughs, yet, somehow, not in a mean way. It's lighthearted, the way friends would poke fun at each other. James laughs too.

"If anything, it's difficult to wear. Way too big," James says. "And it stinks." They both crack up, continuing to laugh until they make it to the entrance of a small eatery.

"Want to eat? I'm starving," Celine asks, opening the door for James to walk through.

"Thanks," he says with a smile, stepping into the crowded restaurant.

The two find a table in the corner, sitting down on the wooden seats. A man comes over telling them what food they have, to which both respond with what they want.

"What was that thing you were just doing?" James asks once the man walks away. The question has been on his mind ever since he saw Celine in the funny shop.

"Oh." Celine smiles. "It was a Tarot Card reading. I get one with Ariel every time I come to this tiny little isle."

"What's that?"

"You haven't heard of Tarot Cards?" James shakes his head. "Basically, the other lady, Ariel, is a Tarot Card reader. She lets me pick cards from the deck she has and then she tells me their meaning and the story they're trying to tell me. They can represent a lot of things: conflict, your past, internal hopes, external influences, your future."

"So, she's like a psychic?" James asks. He's heard of those before.

"A little, but not really. For one, it's not her who's telling me all that. It's the cards. She's just deeply able to understand what each card means. And, for two, they don't predict the future. They more just offer advice, if that makes sense."

"It does," James says, content with her response.

"I can't believe you didn't know what Tarot Cards were," Celine says, lightheartedly.

"It's not my fault. As a prince you don't really get to go out much."

"All this pirate business must have been a shock to you then, huh?" James nods. "You're getting along okay, though, right?" James nods again. The food that they ordered soon comes, the scent of the food wafting into both of their noses. James didn't realize how hungry he was, other thoughts occupying his mind instead of hunger. As James leans forward to grab an eating utensil, the large coat he's been wearing slips off from his shoulder, revealing the light purple mark on his collarbone that sticks out like a sore thumb. Celine notices instantly.

"Whatcha got there?" she asks, gesturing to the spot with her chin, a slight flick of the head. Like fog rolling over a coastline, blush skirts onto James' face. He desperately pulls the coat over his shoulder again to hide the mark, but he knows that Celine already saw it. Though, when James looks up to meet Celine's eyes despite the embarrassment, the smirk on her face that he was expecting isn't there. Instead, it's more of a look of worry. "He didn't force you, did he?" she asks, her voice quieter, her body leaning forward over the table. The question surprises James. Never would he have thought that Celine would think that, especially about Sage. But, considering his experiences on the ship, and in life for that matter, it's not as if the question is anything but sensible. Maybe it's simply that James is surprised that Celine would care enough to ask. The only issue with the situation, however, is Celine must misinterpret James' facial expression to be one of sorrow rather than shock, negative surprise rather than positive. "Oh, I'm gonna kill that fucking bastard," she hisses, starting to get up from her seat. "Out of everyone out on the fucking sea, he was the last one I'd expect. Wait here."

"No!" James blurts out, possibly too loudly. But at least it gets the point across, maybe to more people in the restaurant than he intended. "No, he didn't force me," he says, quieter this time. Celine composes herself with a deep breath, then sits back down.