You have nothing to worry about. [part 1]

The ship rocks underneath the two men as morning light seeps into the room from under the cabin door. Another morning wrapped up in Sage's arm for James and another morning holding James tight for Sage, both perfectly content with their positions. In the waning hours of early morning that quickly fade into the start of one's day, they've realized it's best to take advantage of the small moments.

James always wakes up cold, so having a warm body either next to him or underneath him that he can cozy himself up with is always a benefit. He does so now, waking up as light hits his eyes, a stray beam from above the door. The smaller man doesn't even bother opening them. Instead, he lifts his bent right leg higher up Sage's body, his right arm slung over his chest, his face rested on the perfect pillow that is Sage's right pec.

Little does James know that Sage is already awake, feeling all of James' small movements, and enjoying each of his signs of life. The larger man waits a few moments before he makes his own move, letting the morning silence be the music to their closed eye dance.

Eventually, Sage can't help but lean his head down, kissing the top of James's head.

"Good morning, my love," he whispers, light chills running down James' spine. The smaller man feels Sage's lips move lightly on the top of his head, a realization of want surging through his blood. Maybe once he wakes up a little more.

"Good morning, Sage," James whispers back, the words bouncing off of Sage's chest. The younger man feels an arm creep behind his back, grabbing onto the small of his waist. The touch somehow warms him up, all while sending chills through his body. It doesn't make sense, and James doesn't want it to.

The grip on James' waist quickly turns into a light tug, pulling James more on top of Sage's body. With their chests pressed together, not even the morning light can get between them.

"How was your sleep?" Sage says after a beat. He feels James' smiles on his chest, causing a grin to appear on Sage's face as well.

"It was good. I've learned to love the rock of the ocean. Yours?"

"Any sleep with you in my arms is perfect," Sage says softly, moving his hand up and down James' waist. They let silence overtake them again, the other's breath like a symphony to their ears. A masterpiece that they can touch. Most morning happen like this, both of the men trying to elongate it as much as they can. The current voyage to Roriark has been uneventful in the grand scheme of things. No run-ins with other pirates or other ships. No storms or broken ship parts. To the crew, it's a normal voyage. Boring, even. To Sage and James, it's anything but. The lack of events has truthfully been a good thing for the two men, now having even more time to spend with each other as Sage doesn't have much to command.

It's been around three weeks since they departed that fateful island, Sage and James only growing closer with each passing day. They understand each other's emotions better, each other's silent wants and needs, unspoken promises and wishes. Inside jokes being created and overused, yet still producing laughs. Secrets being shared, whispered under the shout of a dark night. Stories read with their favorite chapters picked, almost always describing the other. James writing poetry while Sage draws. Bliss that neither has felt before, nor ever thought they would feel. Love, not being created, but emerging from the crevices it hid in. It has always been there, as a matter of fact, in both of the men, waiting for the proper time to come out of hiding and give itself away.

Vulnerabilities and mistakes that each had are now revealed to be perfect and beautiful. The Gods of Love seem to have worked for all of existence just to create these moments for the two men. That's the only explanation for something so simple yet so complex. Each phrase they utter to each other is a promise and a dream. Everything that matters in the world in a single syllable.