Emotional Hashira

Name: Aiko Kaneko
Nickname: None
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 170.18 (5'7)
Weight: 159lbs
Nationality: Japanese
Ethnicity: Japanese
Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Aiko is a calm and collected person that tends to not rely on others but will ask for assistance if need be. She can also get very anxious if she is left alone for too long so whenever she starts to feel that way her first option is to find someone to talk to. Whenever Aiko is in a conversation with someone she tends to be a curious type and asks questions more than giving answers, however if you do manage to make her give an answer she'll be quite cheerful about it. Overall Aiko is just a shy gal that'll open up a bit if you manage to speak with her.
Likes: Rice Balls (preferably seafood), Spear-Fishing, Making friends, napping.
Dislikes: Using a fishing rod to fish, Being caught Spear-Fishing, People hating her, being disturbed from her nap, suffering from a PTSD attack from her past.
Hobbies: Spear-Fishing
Talents: Spear-Fishing, Knows how to fight with a spear
Pet Peeves: Hitting herself with her spear
Fears: Succumbing to the ocean's depths like her father did.
Food Preference: Seafood dishes and salty things
Ambitions: To end the horror's that the demons bring upon humans
Quotes: "I like to Spear-Fish a lot... don't tell the others."
Family: Mother (Alive), Father (Dead)
Looks:

Heighten Sense: SightNichirin Weapon: SpearWeapon Color: Sky BlueBreathing Style: Emotional BreathingBreathing Style Based off of: Water BreathingHow Many Breathing Forms: 2 (More maybe added overtime)

Nichirin Weapon: Spear
Weapon Color: Sky Blue
Breathing Style: Emotional Breathing
Breathing Style Based off of: Water Breathing
How Many Breathing Forms: 2 (More maybe added overtime)

Breathing Form 1: Calming Tides (Calming Tides is a form that when used, the user will have the speartip engulfed by water whilst spinning the weapon in a circular motion and creating a flowing like action. When the opponent locks eyes onto the flow and enters a calming, tranquil state as if they have lost their desire to fight. Once the enemy has entered this state, the user will finish it off by driving their spear directly into the weakest point of the enemy.)

Breathing Form 2: Sea of Rage (Sea of Rage is a form that when used, the user will have the speartip engulfed by water before spinning the spear above their head in a fast clockwise rotation. Once the spear has gained enough motion the user will jab the spear down into the ground and cause a massive rush of water to come out from all directions, devouring everything and everyone in its vicinity. What makes the Breathing Form so dangerous is that it scales off the user's emotional rage, meaning the more angry and full of hatred they are, the more powerful and larger this attack is.)

Backstory: Aiko doesn't remember much of her childhood, only knowing that her mother had abandoned her at a very young age and leaving father all alone to watch over the young girl. Even then she wouldn't see her father a lot due to him being a fisherman to try and pay for his daughter's happiness and well being. Over the years while she grew older and older her father would actually teach her how to fish with a spear and she quickly caught onto it. Plus not only that to help with her father's money struggle she decided to become a shrine maiden and she was a pretty damn well good one at that.

However her life will take an emotional turn for her when one day whilst working at the shrine, one of her fathers closest friends approached her and told her that while on a fishing trip, an accident had happened that caused her father to drown in the waters. At first Aiko wouldn't accept what she was hearing, she just couldn't. Without any hesitation she would shove the person off to the side and quickly run to the boat that her father had usually used, hoping that he was waiting for her there. Alas though when she had arrived, there would be a group of people by the dock that her father usually docked in and it looked like they were paying their respect. Soon the pain started to set in and without any second thought, she would run out of town as fast as she could not wanting to be spotted and surrounded by people. It would be tough for Aiko, as at the age of 17 she would practically be all alone now.

Several months would go by and as each day went by, Aiko's state of mind would worsen bit by bit as she sat by a river with what looked like a makeshift spear mindlessly stabbing at the water under the bright moonlight. As she continued to stab the water she would notice the fish quickly swimming away from her spear like something else bigger and scarier had driven them away. Before she could even look up from the water to see what it was about, something big and tough would tackle her hard to the ground as she quickly got pinned down. As she tried to break herself free from the tight grip on her wrists, she would take a look to see what had pinned her down. What had pinned her down was a demon, and this demon was surely hungry.

Before the demon could even take a nibble at her face though, the sound of something being sliced could be heard and its head would drop down onto the girl's head before rolling off to the side and starting to disintegrate. Terrified and confused, Aiko would quickly look around to see who it was that had just saved her life from the demon. That was when she had locked eyes on the person who had saved her, a slayer who is quite well trained with water breathing. That slayer would be known to her later as Giyu Tomioka.

The Water Hashira would look at her and her makeshift spear before letting out a soft sigh and helping her up. Once he had helped her up he would begin to explain to her what she had just seen and what his job was to her before telling her to follow him. Confused and still shaken up by the experience, Aiko would follow him to wherever he was leading her. After sometime following him, the both of them would end up in a clearing before Giyu would turn around and stare at her face to face.

Out of her own curiosity Aiko would ask the hashira what he was doing bringing her out here. Giyu would explain to her that he could feel the emotional stress and pain from her, and that he also feels like that in a similar way so he decided that it would be best to give her a reason to use that to her advantage by becoming a demon slayer. He would teach her how to use water breathing and to put her emotions into it and in return she'll join the fight against the demons. At first Aiko wasn't sure how to feel about this but after putting some thought into it, she would agree to his offer under one condition. That condition was she would learn how to fight under the usage of a spear instead of a blade as she felt more comfortable and more attuned with the weapon. Without any questioning he would agree to that term and without any hesitation her training would begin to become a demon slayer and later on, the hashira of emotion.
Other: none
Theme Song: All The Things She Said- t.A.T.u