Chapter 2

-Elena's POV-

Mates? Mating? Is this some sort of joke the two came up with? If it is, it's not funny. I don't get it.

Klaus was still sitting on his bed, comfortably with the blanket covering his bottom half while he didn't wear a shirt.

He had a tattoo, I noticed.

I look up at Elijah next to me. He's holding a book. "What does all of that mean? I became a werewolf a day ago, I haven't gotten time to catch up with the lingo."

Elijah smiles and crosses his arms, mirroring my actions. "It's not something you have to worry about Elena, not for the next thousand years, I would guess."

That doesn't mean I don't have to know right now. I don't like not knowing what's going on. I don't like being treated like a child in a situation such as this one. If he smiles at me like that one more time in that same mocking manner I will rip his face off and watch it heal all by myself...

"Elena." Klaus' voice speaks up and I look away from Elijah over to him.

He looks serious now. Standing from the bed and grabbing a shirt from beside him, Klaus approaches me slowly.

"I'll tell you. Just... calm down."

"Your arm is bleeding," Elijah comments again, this time his expression a more nervous one.

Huh?

I look down at my arm and notice the blood dripping down continuously. "Oh." I lift my hand and look at my arm quickly heals and the blood just remains there. "I didn't-" what was I so angry over? It's never that serious, Elena.

Klaus takes a deep breath and rushes to my side, pulling me with him downstairs. "How about I explain it to you over a nice cup of blood. Don't worry- we haven't found ourselves a human to feed on, dear brother Elijah doesn't want us to..." he muttered the last part, as if complaining. "We got fresh blood bags!" He pretends to sound optimistic but is more sarcastic while speaking.

Elijah was gone, headed to his own room, I assumed. Which meant I was alone with Klaus to ask all the questions I wanted to ask.

"What does it mean? Are you planning to use me to create your own hybrids?" I grab the empty glass he hands me as he opens the blood bag in front of me. I don't know what his game plan is, I don't know what he's up to. "I have the strength to go against you this time, Klaus, I'm an original and-"

He scoffs and throws the blood bag away, leaning against the counter.

Due to him having just woken up, his hair is spiked all over the place and his face still has the slightly puffed look one would recognize in someone who just woke up.

"It works if we're mated." He's laughing and shaking his head. "-and trust me, I would not mate with you. You're not exactly what you call my type." As he says that, his eyes scan me from head to toe as if double-checking.

What does that have to do with me??

Wait—-

"You're not saying-" I try not to offend him too badly, pretending not to be as disgusted by the idea as I was. "Mating is- like dogs- have sex??"

Klaus puts his half-full cup down and furrows his brows. "Well- no."

I drink from my own glass and stare at him, waiting for him to explain it.

"Well, wolves, Elena, are more complicated than dogs. Their mating is not purely physical but emotional, spiritual."

"You still gotta bang it out though?"